Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Newbie Station » Question RE: Dealing with Competition from the Mega-Corporat

Question RE: Dealing with Competition from the Mega-Corporat

Christopher Fowler
RJ: W. T. Snacks
CO: Sirkh

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 71
I run a small business that specializes in the sale of various sugary snacks, and for about three days I had the entire market share of at least five different products. All of a sudden a mega-corporation with a networth of over ninety-two billion comes along and takes away most of my market share of two of my best sellers while jacking up the prices to an absurd level that was about ten times the MSRP at the time. Upon further inspection they could take away the market share of most of my other products that are doing well as well.

How do I compete with someone like that? How do I, as a business that hasn't even hit the "Large Enterprise" level, compete with someone who has a networth of close to ninety-two billion? I don't see how it could be possible.

Any serious help would be appreciated.
Hajji Pajji
RJ: Trade Merchant
CO: VonDutch

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 194
Change the type of sugary snacks you make/sell
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
Understand that you will never compete with a mega-corp. Just work on carving out a niche you can live with. Odds are that the mega-corp will leave eventually, as he will eventually have his bots find another industry that is more profitable and has no competitors. Just keep pushing forward. Follow Hajji's advice about being "fluid" in your product choices. Don't try to win it all in the first quarter.
Paul Jikanski
RJ: Paul Jikanski
CO: Paul Jikanski

+ / -

Total Posts: 194
Brent is right. You simply can't. I started and dedicated an entire company to producing 1 specific product that had no demand met. The company did EXTREMELY well for about a week. Then a mega corp moved in and dropped my marketshare to less than half of 1%!!!
It's been well over a month now, maybe two, and in the past 3 or 4 days I've managed to get back up to a wopping 3% marketshare (a whole 2% gain!!). At least the company is turning profit now as long as I don't expand, compared to taking out a bigger loan each day since that company moved onto my block.
Only thing I can do is change the company's specilization, sell it, or keep chugging along. I've kept chugging along rather than give up. I've been steadily increasing research and store size. One day I WILL regain majority share. I guess you could call me Apple.

On a side note, your MSRP is based on several factors, including quality level. If the mega corp that just moved has a really high quality level already established, their MSRP will be much higher than yours. Everyone has a different MSRP based on a combination of factors.
Usually a rise in WASP follows a rise in Average world quality level, when a large company's improved products hit the shelves.
How this (a change in msrp) will affect your sales though, I'm not sure, and would appreciate some input from someone who does know.
Christopher Fowler
RJ: W. T. Snacks
CO: Sirkh

+ / -

Total Posts: 71
Alright, thanks for the advice. Luckily even with two of my markets now down to 1-2% market share I still manage to make about $600k an hour with four of my products at 100% market share. I've been pouring most of my funds into research and expansion and at this time and have made some extra money on the side by fulfilling requests and selling surplus units of water and electricity. I've also been corresponding with Brent over the past few days and have gotten a lot of advice from him as well. I think I will be fine, and in fact I am confident that someday perhaps I might be able to defeat the mega-corporation that has challenged me at their own game.

- EDIT - I redacted that last comment because it made me come off as a little more cocky than I intended to be. Needless to say that thanks to the help and advice I have been given I finally feel confident that I can do well in this game. I thank everyone who has given me help, for I appreciate their guidance.
Edwin Quintanilla
RJ: EdqMaster
CO: Edqmaster

+ / -

Total Posts: 74
I hear you you just have to keep moving forward
Jayson Drake Tan
RJ: Ben
CO: Ben

+ / -

Total Posts: 74
yup, we will experience ups and downs, the catch is.. how long will you last?

some company stole my market, that doesn't mean that i can't invest on other stuffs, related to the market category..

You need to register or login to post a reply.