Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Newbie Station » Question about Public Company Ownership

Question about Public Company Ownership

A J
RJ: amanbearpig
CO: aManBearPig

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 54
What is the point of having a public company owned 100% by one person? I'm just curious, I saw a new company FIBER which went public just today which is 100% owned by one person. Is there an advantage to this in some way vs being a non-public company, or being a public company not 100% owned? Stocks are not my forte obviously...
Victoria Raverna
RJ: Victoria Raverna
CO: Victoria Raverna

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 107
It'll raise the NW of the owner since total share price can be several times the actual NW of the company.
Innocent Bystander
RJ: Matthew Matician

Post Rating: 2
+ / -

Total Posts: 76
Since that 'one person' is me, I figure I can take a crack at answering this one.

The short answer is: I am clueless about stock market mechanics and I wanted to ease into it gently by seeing how things go when I try different things in my company. I didn't really need the money. Once I feel like I have a better handle on it, I'll most likely release some shares into the wild.
Jayle Trigger
RJ: Berry Punch
CO: Applejack

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 93
So you can act as if it is a private company, except your financial stuff is out in the open. Either way, he can wait till his stock value is way in the +100s before selling off a few pieces to the masses for tidy profits. In the end, keeping 50.00000001% of company ownership, to ensure there is no chance of a hostile takeover...
A J
RJ: amanbearpig
CO: aManBearPig

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 54
Ahhh thank you guys for the info. Like I said, stocks is not an area I know a lot about, so I wondered what the point of it was! Thanks!

You need to register or login to post a reply.