Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Quest bug

Quest bug

Mister Death
RJ: McFlono McFloninoo

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 266
One of my unachieved quests is to spend $6250 on the B2B over a 24-hour period. I am -3000% of the way there, presumably because my B2B sales are counted against my goal...
Roald Adriaansen
RJ: Wuvil
CO: Wuvil

+ / -

Total Posts: 146
What you buy is what counts against your goal.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Roald is right, thanks the the answer.

It is to prevent people from buying water at, say $0.10, and selling them at $0.09, just for the purpose of completing the quest.

I will be cleaning up the quest system next after the notification system and the stock system, so hopefully I'll be able to add product specific quests. (Surely you're not going to buy AND sell strawberries at the same time).
Hairy Pantaloons
RJ: Hairy Pantaloons
CO: Bob Down

+ / -

Total Posts: 8
I assume this is the same quest. The objective doesn't make any sense to me. What am I supposed to do?

Objective: Spend $6,250.00 on B2B purchase from the previous 24 hours period (between now and the same time yesterday).
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Just spend that much $ on anything on the B2B (Not Import), and go back to the quest page and it'll be completed.
Hairy Pantaloons

+ / -

Thanks.

Would "Spend $6,250 on B2B purchases within a 24 hour period" make more sense?
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

If you can help with the logic, yes, otherwise, no.
The way I'm doing it is: Sum of all $ spent from time > (now - 24 hours)

If I'm to implement something to check for "any 24 hour period", it would require looping through each transaction.

An alternative is to say "Spend $6,250 on the B2B" and calculate from the beginning of the quest, but it won't have the 24-hour factor and thus the difficulty level will be harder to calculate.

EDIT: Sorry if I sound too robotic... I feel like I'm being gradually transformed into a robot but it doesn't feel bad.
Hairy Pantaloons

+ / -

Sum of all $ spent from time > (now - 24 hours)

That's all you need to do though. It's the same thing, it's just the wording of the quest which I found confusing.

No need to loop through past transactions. Since there is no time travel, any previous 24 hour period which didn't meet the condition still won't meet the criteria when a new trasaction is done :)
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

From the way I look at it, within a 24 hour period can mean any 24 hour period, so I had to add more words to clarify the statement.

You need to register or login to post a reply.