Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Purchase Orders

Purchase Orders

Hyram Bedwetter
RJ: Hyram Bedwetter

Post Rating: 4
+ / -

Total Posts: 14
I like selling to 'real' people on the B2B.

By doing so, I've come to appreciate certain companies that I'd like to specifically deal with and have been approached by certain others for specific needs.

I'd like to issue and be issued (from/to a company) purchase orders. Just something simple so I can keep track of what my customers want and what I've requested from suppliers.

ISSUE PO
-> Enter Item
-> Enter Qty
-> Enter Price
-> Enter Company
-> Enter PO Expiration (simplest would, I guess, just be an INT for days).
-> Press Submit.

A new ORDERS tab would keep track of issued and received POs. An expanded version would incorporate a bid/ask system where instead of just issuing them to a specific company, you could leave that field blank and issue it to the general B2B.

Obvious need for fundamental review to prevent game-breaking abuse...
Lorenzo Boccaccia
RJ: Mon Opoli
CO: Mon Opoli

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 80
I'd find this quite useful, as currently only offer is public, while demand is opaque.

it would open up interesting gaming options, and stabilize prices much quicker around their actual equilibrium.

maybe the system could start simpler? like, you put

item
minimum quality
price
quantity

so it's simpler to track internally and to show to player(could use almost the exact same interface for export, but with a display for quantity and quality)

restriction on supplier may come later on, and be optional, so if you're only interested in the items and not in a b2b agreement it would work both ways
Billy Vierra
RJ: Saffrian
CO: Billy Vierra

+ / -

Total Posts: 84
I like the idea :) +1 from me!
Mister Death
RJ: McFlono McFloninoo

+ / -

Total Posts: 266
Bid/ask was one of the winning ideas in Contest 9, so it's likely on the coming-soon queue.
Lorenzo Boccaccia
RJ: Mon Opoli
CO: Mon Opoli

+ / -

Total Posts: 80
This seems quite less than bidding: for one, it's stateless.

I'd wait a feedback from the op, however.
Hyram Bedwetter
RJ: Hyram Bedwetter

+ / -

Total Posts: 14
While being a subset of a bid/ask system, I was looking more for a way to have a tighter connection to certain companies directly, instead of dumping all orders on an open market.

As originally stated, an order directly to or from one company to another is not only beneficial in a time-management sense, but it also a real-world application that facilitates business.

I'd happily forgo browsing irritating lists of sales posts by companies trying all manner of practices to get a sale on an open bid system, for one that simply has me posting an order directly with someone I want to deal with.

Perhaps a toggle if your business wants to accept them or not, because it would be horrendous to receive wildly random orders. Also, a 'x' box to refuse the order outright. Even on an open bid system the order should probably expire automatically after...what...3 days?
Billy Vierra
RJ: Saffrian
CO: Billy Vierra

+ / -

Total Posts: 84
I love the idea of contracts as well (this probably should be a diff feature request but it may work with this).

Company A (purchaser) and Company B (seller) agree on a contract that states that seller will supply purchaser with between 500 and 1000 units of strawberry per day for 1 week that are 15QL or higher. Purchaser will pay $1 per unit received. Purchaser will place into escrow $1000 at time of agreement and at each delivery will place into escrow the amount needed to reach $1000 (done automatically). Seller will receive the amount agreed upon for the deliver (so seller delivers 750, they get $750).

If at any point the purchaser does not have enough funds to replenish the escrow, an automatic loan is taken out (same as if you did not have enough for daily fees), for the amount needed plus a penalty of the next delivery's minimum amount. The contract becomes void and buyer is notified. Example: Seller delivers 500, buyer only has $250 available. Loan is taken out for 750 and given to buyer.

If at any point the seller does not have enough product then the seller would give what it does have + the amount the buyer would have paid for the amount they do not have. Example: seller has 250, seller delivers 250 + $250. The contract immediately becomes void.

The seller can deliver at any point during the day (to help with possible sales from warehouse), if buyer has $ then it is taken from them right then. The buyer does not have to 'accept' the delivery. If the buyer does not have enough, at the next daily update it checks again and if buyer has enough, all is good. If not then it follows the buyer defaulting rules.

You need to register or login to post a reply.