Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Private Conglomerates

Private Conglomerates

Ham K
RJ: SoftThenRough
CO: Spartacus

Post Rating: 15
+ / -

Total Posts: 41
It should be possible to transfer goods and materials between companies that you own AND are private without putting it up on the B2B.

Say I have 4 companies:
A Hot Foods
B Cars
C Planes
D Hot Food/Car/Plane Stores or B2B

A&B&C should be able to transfer all their goods to D at above cost prices only (Code it to make selling below cost impossible). This way, A&B&C both profit, and D gets the goods cheaper than from other companies because it is a conglomerate of 2 or more different companies that are owned by the overall company and same person (D in this example)

If you want a business simulator, you need to implement conglomerates in one form or another. Right now, I CAN do this right now, but I risk getting my ultra cool goods swiped from the market, I'd prefer a way to internally transfer goods (Pay a transportation cost?) without having to put them on B2B since that's not what the A&B&C subsidiaries are for anyway.

Implementation:
You could do this by adding an option to form a conglomerate in the city menu, where you pay to form it, AND to add new companies to it. To transfer goods from a subsidary, it would be good to add a new button to the warehouse menu that is enabled when put into a conglomerate. With this button, it would ask you which company you'd wish to transfer TO, then how much (Slider bar).

Possible Fees:
Forming Conglomerate (HQ company)
Adding Subsidiaries
Transportation costs, in the form of Tax?

Let me know what you think of this idea! The code to do this would be rather easy, its very similar to current mechanisms in the game, it would just remove some of the guess work and praying involved in doing it now.

Derp Aderp
RJ: Bertha Van Ation
CO: Fancy McPants

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 22
This would make it more realistic and awesome, yes.

Or at least, implement direct sales/transfers without going through the market (though with limitations to avoid abuse, etc.)
Ham K

Post Rating: 6
+ / -

It would be terribly abuse-able if you make it possible to transfer/direct sale to other peoples private companies, it HAS to stay in personal companies or there could be rampant abuse easily and it would be annoying to enforce.

Edit: Which is where conglomerates are useful, they would be completely private and insular to being abused and hurting investors
Jayle Trigger
RJ: Berry Punch
CO: Applejack

+ / -

Total Posts: 93
You can build multiple types of buildings within 1 company and can purchase more land for that purpose.
You do not need multiple companies to do what 1 company can. You are your own conglomerate already.

If you want multiple players working together, 1 company, hire them into that 1 company.

Either way, since you are trading in-house among multiple companies, price above market so it won't get swiped.
Ham K

Post Rating: 3
+ / -

No, what you're saying makes zero sense in terms of what I'm asking for and I'll tell you why.

Having multiple buildings in one company is fine and dandy, it works. However, if you want a GOOD company that makes truly MASSIVE outputs of product, you need to narrow your focus to a few products, you cant expect to make everything that goes into a store, its not feasible if you wish to be good at it.

This is where my idea comes into play, being able to allow trade between companies I own at lower than market prices, but still above wholesale, allows me to funnel assets to a centralized area for either further processing into finished goods or outright sale on B2B/Store

Its pretty inane to suggest to me to price my goods above market when I'm trying to MOVE goods from one company to another while still maintaining a profit for both companies. If I sell at above B2B prices, it literally is COUNTER to my idea is exactly the problem I'm trying to solve.

And no, a conglomerate is a overarching company that owns multiple subsidiaries (companies), almost always in completely separate area's of business. What we own currently are not true conglomerates, our players may own multiple companies, but until companies themselves can form conglomerates by purchasing or acquiring private companies, what we have now is not efficient, practical, or smart.
address unknown
RJ: DropsySufferer

Post Rating: 3
+ / -

Total Posts: 32
Yes, I'd like this function as it's a hassle transferring one product from one company using B2B. Direct transfer would make more sense, and prevent the risk of inhouse production products being bought on B2B.
Victoria Raverna
RJ: Victoria Raverna
CO: Victoria Raverna

+ / -

Total Posts: 107
I think this is needed not only for private companies that you own, but also for any companies that want to make private deal with each other.

I think this can be implemented by modifying B2B coding and add a new field (let's called it buyer id) to the table. For public B2B offers, that field contain 0 or blank. For private B2B transaction, the field contain the company id of the company that it is offered to.

For buyer side coding change:
Modify the B2B list codes to that it'll only show b2b offers that have the buyer id of zero/blank and also show buyer id that match the company id of the company that view the b2b list or add one more button to only list all private deal that match your company id to list it separately.

For seller side, add a new icon that allow you to select the company that you want to sell it to.

Should not require too much coding to implement.
Jayle Trigger
RJ: Berry Punch
CO: Applejack

+ / -

Total Posts: 93
Makes it significantly easier to play it like it is single player I suppose...
Paco Co
RJ: Mr. Costa
CO: Mr. Costa

Post Rating: 12
+ / -

Total Posts: 89
Hi guys, i play another online game similar to this one and it has this feature working in a very good and easy way,

You can make a supply contract between 2 companies but the price cant be lower than 70% of the production costs and no higher then a k*reference price.

0.7*C < C < k*(QP/QR)*RC

C= producion costs
RC= reference cost (maybe the import price? related to quality)
k= factor like 1.5 or something
QP=quality produced
QR=quality reference
example:
aluminium from company A to B

A produces aluminium for 100 at quality 8
A can make a contract and sell aluminium to B from:
0.7*100 to 1.5*(8/15)*157.6
70 to 126.8

its simple and works nice, or course we can change the minimum price to production cost to avoid some abuses.

What do you think?
zxektok megatron
RJ: zxektok

+ / -

Total Posts: 140
production*2 as minimum because people have salaries to pay and it promotes growth :p

but yeah i love it
+1

You need to register or login to post a reply.