Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Player Quest

Player Quest

Hajji Pajji
RJ: Trade Merchant
CO: VonDutch

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 194
I know the game dev. Is gone, but "what if"

A suggestion; let's say you made a product that required products you didn't produce. Wouldn't it be nice to have a player request market too. Like asking for 100 bananas and you'd pay $xxx. If you had 100 bananas and that was a fair price you could fulfill that request and be immediately paid.
Hajji Pajji

+ / -

For humor sake:

I get bragging rights for "thinking" of this right?
M Burch
RJ: Farmerbob
CO: Farmerbob

+ / -

Total Posts: 151
Heh, a buy orders market would, indeed, be awesome.
Hajji Pajji

+ / -

We are getting one!
Paul Jikanski
RJ: Paul Jikanski
CO: Paul Jikanski

+ / -

Doesn't guarantee that orders will be filled at the price you request though =) Keep that in mind!
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
Didn't we already have one? Wasn't it called a Purchase Request forum, or something like that, in this forum site?

Seriously, a official "clearing market" would be a cool mechanism, though it will probably further erode the B2B. At some point, you have to pick something to work with and drive that mechanism. I don't know if you can have a successful B2B while allowing what amounts to a second bid/ask commodities exchange. Perhaps if one was raw resources only, and the other a market for anything-processed-at-any-level, it would be dynamic. I don't know....
M Burch
RJ: Farmerbob
CO: Farmerbob

+ / -

Total Posts: 151
Brent,

The devil is in the details. Having an open buy and open sell market for players will do good things for the market, I think, but the details are important.

If the export market creates a floor price for goods, that might be good. Some sort of VAT/luxury tax system for items that are sold at prices above import prices might be interesting too.

One step at a time though. I want to see the buy order system implementation before I make any serious suggestions on anything else.

You need to register or login to post a reply.