MSRP

Kabal
RJ: Kabal
CO: Kabal

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 41
which is the formula for MSRP?
i thought it was something like base_value*store_price_ratio*(1+(q/100 or 50))
but the result is higher than the MSRP.
David Archer
RJ: BallC
CO: BallC

+ / -

Total Posts: 142
It's the greater of 2x cost or 2x Q-adjusted base value (base_value * (1 + Q/50))
Kabal

+ / -

i was searching for some strange formula while it was so simple doh!
thank you
Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

+ / -

Total Posts: 183
Just remember that your displayed cost isn't adding in the costs of labor and maintenance, which can be huge with the increased costs in Capitalism-Online. Some of the time-intensive items can have their costs more than doubled just by factoring in the maintenance cost of the building used to produce them.

MSRP is a very dangerous guideline to follow in Capitalism, in many markets it will bankrupt you.

Maintenance is 5% of the building value, I'm not sure what salary is but it can be pretty high - I've been paying about 1/3 of my maintenance cost in salaries for Kemp Electronics (2,118,077.53 salaries, 6,625,000.00 maintenance). That's $8,743,077.53 just in the "hidden" costs. I only pay around $3-4 million on b2b purchases in materials. If I had been charging MSRP for stuff I'd probably be bankrupt long ago.
David Archer
RJ: BallC
CO: BallC

+ / -

Total Posts: 142
MSRP is dangerous for things you produce. If you buy it from other players on B2B or from import, then it's OK since the true cost is reflected. Of course, if you mix the two, you have to adjust the price accordingly.
El Marko
RJ: El Marko
CO: El Marko

+ / -

Total Posts: 18
So is there any general rule in pricing products that you have produced? ie, some formula where you can plug in the unit price and other variables? New to this and still trying to find the optimal way of doing things.
Kabal

+ / -

if you don't really need to dump products in the stores quickly,never price anything below x2 or msrp.
in general,if you can check your stores several times during the day rise/drop the price accordingly to both wasp and store size,otherwise set a reasonable price and leave it there.
El Marko
RJ: El Marko
CO: El Marko

+ / -

Total Posts: 18
Yeah i've been changing as and when the wasp changes significantly :) thanks

You need to register or login to post a reply.