Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Mixing different quality items

Mixing different quality items

Innocent Bystander
RJ: Matthew Matician

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 76
While I see why the game always rounds down when mixing items of different quality (to prevent people from gaming the system when, for instance, .5+ would round up), the penalty for mixing is often high enough that I never want to mix. (i.e., when trying to mix a small batch of quality x-1 items in with a large number of quality x items for warehouse 'cleaning')

What if, instead of always rounding down, there was a % chance that it would round down and a complementary % that it would round up, based on the unrounded quality number. Example: if I mix things whose unrounded quality is 15.999, there is a 99.9% chance that the resulting lot rounds up to q16, and a .1% it rounds down to q15. As it is now, it always rounds to 15. For an unrounded quality of, say, 14.50, it'd go to q14 half the time and q15 the other half the time.

This way, the penalty for mixing is removed (over the long haul, anyway) while preventing users from gaming the system.
CEO Kogut
RJ: Kogut

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 29
It is way more confusing and will result in multiple confused people.

You need to register or login to post a reply.