Migration Thread 4/9/2013

Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Next
Random Tester
RJ: Tester
CO: Random Tester

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 26
I looked at the script file, and those errors are easy enough to fix: IE8 doesn't support innerHTML, so just replace with jQuery's html().

I understand why some people stick with old IE's. They bought a piece of hardware back in the days of IE6, and it worked really well. Only issue is that it runs on ActiveX (IE only), but who cares, IE is 90%+ of the market back then.

After testing it for some time, the management bought more of them, and installed them throughout the company. Time passes, and it's now beyond 2010, and you've got a problem - even Microsoft dropped support for ActiveX in newer browsers. Worse yet, there is no workaround to be seen because the manufacturer wouldn't want to spend further resources to rewrite the software in a different language for the now obsolete hardware.

That said, unless your work has built-in periods of "downtime", I absolutely do not recommend playing a game at work.
M Burch
RJ: Farmerbob
CO: Farmerbob

+ / -

Total Posts: 151
Heh, I work at a call center supporting automated retail equipment. It ranges from crazy busy to completely dead, depending on the time of year, day of the week, the time of day, and whether or not it's a holiday. Throw in bad weather and sunspots for good measure. I fddle with browser based simple games that don't take up a lot of time, which also don't require constant attention. If you support retail in the US, you pretty much do it on Windows XP with IE.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Just solved that earlier issue, but more of them appeared especially for the modal dialogs. Since it's implausible to rewrite them all, I'd suggest trying this if you encounter too many issues:

http://www.google.com/chromeframe

I've never tried it myself, but it is supposed to be a magical plugin that gives HTML5 features to IE 7,8,9

EDIT: Solved my problem with things not working in IE9 mode, somehow IE10's Dev Tools did this to me without any notice, and yet any script called through jQuery still worked. Funny.

http://imgur.com/9pp87nz
M Burch

+ / -

I really appreciate the efforts to fix IE problems Scott! Thank you!
M Burch

+ / -

Got another one on IE9, seems new.

When I try to open the popup window to accelerate building construction, instead of the page opening up into a new window, it appends to the bottom of the buildings page.

Checking on scripting errors gives:

SCRIPT1004: Expected ';'
buildings.php, line 77 character 40
SCRIPT257: Could not complete the operation due to error 80020101.
jquery-1.8.3.min.js, line 2 character 14103
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Thanks and fixed, it's an extra ) from the earlier replacements. Must be typing too fast.

Hopefully it didn't happen anywhere else.
Alexander Munkedal
RJ: The Silverback
CO:

+ / -

Total Posts: 1
Hey Scott

Great update, really like it but i'm having a little bit of trouble with the B2B marketplace.. it does not seem to allow me to remove my items unless i buy them from myself, its just a little weird. And what's up with the land becoming so expensive?

anyways, i like the update and can't wait for the stock market to be available again.
Hajji Pajji
RJ: Trade Merchant
CO: VonDutch

+ / -

Total Posts: 194
I cannot manually enter wages for "job posting"

When I clear the minimum to enter a higher amount it automatic puts the minimum amount in
M Burch

+ / -

Aye I also noticed that I cannot withdraw items from the market unless I buy them from myself. I'm not sure how this impacts my company financials. Particularly my Owner's salary.

If selling to myself increases net income and I give myself a 20% cut of business... I'm paying myself 20% of the value of what I sell myself?

I have NOT experimented to see if this is the case.
Christopher Fowler
RJ: W. T. Snacks
CO: Sirkh

+ / -

Total Posts: 71
I've noticed that whenever I try to search for a product in EoS-Pedia, like Gelatin for example, I get no results. I don't know if this is just me or if it is something else. I am using the latest Google Chrome on Windows XP SP3 if that matters.
Mike Finn
RJ: Ben Fuller
CO: Ben Fuller

+ / -

Total Posts: 94
I think my networth is way too high - it should have come down after fixing the company networth bug. My networth is way above the sum of my companies + cash.
Paul Jikanski
RJ: Paul Jikanski
CO: Paul Jikanski

+ / -

Total Posts: 194
I have been thinking the same thing Mike.
My networth is displayed at 6.33 billion. I just did some rough math and saw that my networth (companies, cash, and player cash, excluding outstanding loans) should be somewhere around 3.17 billion, however, I have a stock portfolio worth roughly 4.5 billion.
If the stock portfolio is counted into networth, then my displayed networth is too low. However, if the stocks are not included in the networth, mine appears to be too high.
But, between 4/05 and 4/08 my networth jumped by over 3 billion, without any such comparable increase in value for any of my companies or player cash. Not sure if that has to do with some networth update I am unaware of or what, but it doesn't seem right to me, not that I'm complaining about a boost in networth.

That doesn't quite add up to the 6.33 billion networth being displayed, but perhaps there are some hidden factors that we aren't thinking about. Or perhaps changes that are happening behind the scenes to the stock market (change in stock values?) are affecting our current networth even though the stock market is down(you can still see player's stock portfolios on their character page).

Maybe Scott is just fiddling with the formulas still, and we'll just have to wait until he's done to see the true, new, updated networth for our characters and companies.
Christopher Fowler

+ / -

Yeah, there seems to be something up with networth and fame on my end. My player character's networth has been stuck at $1.00 M for about a week and his fame has been stuck at 5400 for the past week or so as well. Then again the fame bit might not be a bug and I may be misunderstanding how player character fame works.
Scott (Admin)

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Networth Jump
It's simply caused by the 3 pieces of "free land"

Networth from Fame Level
The effect is exponential, so I'll probably have to change the formula on this one.
If anyone notices any one quest giving you 10+ levels of fame, please report it to me, thanks!
Christopher Fowler

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Alright Scott. Thanks for the information and your continued work with this game.
Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.