Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » Micromanagement: The Sequel

Micromanagement: The Sequel

Nathan Dilday
RJ: ndkid
CO: ndkid

Post Rating: 17
+ / -

Total Posts: 47
Oh, Micromanagement, how I didn't miss you. I remember my early days of EoS, in the wave after the 500, when I was constantly referring back to the spreadsheets I had built to determine whether to buy Q15 or Q30 off the import market, or someone's odder-quality deal, to maximize profits. I remember having to figure out how to price 5 different qualities of things I manufactured in rotating schedules.

Then, I started to internalize the equations for quality vs. profit, and the quality-smush change occurred, and I entered a period of relatively quiet stocking.

Then all the talk of the shelf change happened, and consensus formed around the idea that a given store was likely to only stock a single thing. I was irked, but I figured I'd adjust. However, I was in the camp that said that selling a single product being the most profitable choice felt anti-realistic.

And now, the change has happened, and Scott decided to take us at our word, and appears to have built in an efficiency to the store that goes up from 50%ish with a single product with the full 100% when you stock all 8 shelves.

What a fool I was, to argue for reason in this case! Now, I must return to my spreadsheet-ed existence, because I must compare the profit margins of all *possible* products a store can carry, and determine not only the profit margin of each product, but the proportion of their profit margins to each other!

Now, if there is product A which makes me $100/tick, and product B which make me $90/tick, I *want* to add product B to a shelf. But if product B only made $75/tick, I *don't* want to add it to a shelf.

I'm glad I didn't throw those old spreadsheets away! But I think it may officially be time for me to write a retail bot...
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 506
*chuckle*

You need to register or login to post a reply.