Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » Kemp companies closing their doors

Kemp companies closing their doors

Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 183
The game just doesn't have the same charm it had when I first started playing it. Some of the recent simplifications in favor of reducing processing power reduced the charm a little bit, but the drastically reduced player base due to the long period without developer action (and likely aided by the unpunished cheating on both the beta and the new server) has really cut down the entertainment value I once got out of this game. I stayed as long as I did because I had hope that the game would eventually be polished into a diamond, but it's looking more and more like cheap glass the longer the dev remains inactive. By saying that I don't mean any disrespect to the dev, and I wish him the best of luck when he returns - I honestly hope he turns things around and builds a successful game with a big player base. It's just not there yet for me and I've kind of lost hope in it happening after we've been with the placeholder login screen for over a month.

So today marks the beginning of the closure of my three companies. I'm buying up a few days worth of materials so that my suppliers aren't stuck holding the bag after the demand drops, but after this point I won't be buying anything else - so I suggest not overproducing expecting more sales to me in the industries that I've been buying materials from. I think I'll sell off the companies slowly to prevent the sudden demand drop from hurting everyone, since selling off 60,000m2 of buildings all at once would probably be a bit bad for other industries.

I had a good run, and I enjoyed the game for a while there. I wish everyone the best.
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 506
I will miss you Cian. You did make it fun and set marks to strive for with your successes. Hope you return sooner than later.
A J
RJ: amanbearpig
CO: aManBearPig

+ / -

Total Posts: 54
It is sad, this game has so much potential. It is leagues above any other online business-sim type game I have played in terms of fun and ease of use (without too much dumbing down of everything). Sad to see this game dying such a premature death, before it even got off the ground really.

Will miss you Kemp, you were a good and fair player!
Gheed Baiwa ben sandara
RJ: Bob
CO: Bob

+ / -

Total Posts: 45
Well I can understand scott needs some vacation. He spent a huge portion of his free time on this beside his regular job. If hes giving up on this game that means all that time spent creating this game is for absolutely nothing. So Im positive he will be back and that the game will get better. Hope to see you back in a few months Kemp.
eric scott
RJ: Erik Scott
CO: Sappo

+ / -

Total Posts: 130
I'm kind of in the same boat... I mostly just login for 10 minutes here and there, set my production runs up for 12 hours, and then forget about it.

I don't really see it going anywhere past a 10 minute-waster right now...
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
sad to read that...
Even if I understand the need for some "vacation", I would like to see RJ confirming his commitment to this game.
Mike Finn
RJ: Ben Fuller
CO: Ben Fuller

+ / -

Total Posts: 94
Yeah, I'm with you. This game had a lot of potential, but it's not worth playing on either server right now or for the near-term future. I still check it once in a while hoping that things will change - but with RJ AWOL, it doesn't look good.

You need to register or login to post a reply.