Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Is it the time to ban bots?

Is it the time to ban bots?

Previous 1 [2] Next
Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 183
Victoria Raverna,

I meant in regards to capitalism. The old server is already so broken I don't even count it anymore.

What I mean is that right now the advantage he's gotten from having the bots isn't that noticeable on Capitalism, and there is still time to ban bots if that's what the dev wants to do. But if bots are banned we can't retroactively ban BallC just because he used them when it was OK to do so.

I agree that bots are a huge advantage, and IMHO they shouldn't be allowed. But ultimately that's up to RJ. I'm surprised he hasn't already said anything in regard to the discussion. I think he must be busy elsewhere or something - he never did post the latest news story I sent in either. He seems to be more active on weekends though, so we will probably get a comment on the issue on Friday or Saturday. That's my prediction anyway, I don't claim to know his schedule or anything.
Victoria Raverna
RJ: Victoria Raverna
CO: Victoria Raverna

+ / -

Total Posts: 107
I agree with that. If you read what I wrote in the thread in newbie area, I wanted bots to be banned but I'm against punishing anyone that used bots before there is a rule to ban it.
Victoria Raverna
RJ: Victoria Raverna
CO: Victoria Raverna

+ / -

Total Posts: 107
David Archer (BallC):
"That's the real problem - Too much micromanagement involved in trying to run multiple companies. Hell, too much micromanagement just trying to run 20 factories, 12 stores, and 10 R&D's in ONE company. The solution: reduce the micromanagement required."

My answer:
I agree that reducing micromanaging will improve the game, but there is a solution for running multiple companies. It is not a good solution, but it is possible right now, The solution is to hire someone to do it for you.

Or you can just do long queue, stock up for 24-48 hours, etc. which is what most non bot users that don't have time to check in almsot every hour are doing now. It is less efficient than only stocking up for a few ticks at a time but then you don't have to micromanage as much.
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
bots are unfair because a real player is not able to play H24 7/7 this game as a bot does.
bots will vampirize the game because he can manage dozens of companies when a single users won't.( cf EoS server )
bots are useless because you can play without it
bots are not interesting because this is a multiplayer game, we don't want to play against AI
bots are stressing servers ( RJ confirmed it recently and even put some accounts in jail for that )
bots user are very few and are not playing the game, so we won't lose anything if they leave
bots doesnt bring anything positiv to this game.

For all this reason, following TOS rules, bots should be banned from this game.

Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
not sure that it is linked. ( and if it is, it's a missed attempt to limit bot hegemony ).
To ban them is far more simpler and won't hurt anyone.
Previous 1 [2] Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.