Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Inter-company loans

Inter-company loans

David Stark
RJ: Zarkonnen
CO: David Stark

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 53
I'm currently talking with another player about them supplying me with products for my store to sell. They're new and relatively poor, while I am sitting on $1 million of unused cash. It would be brilliant if my company could loan their company that money at conditions of my choosing.

In fact, if inter-company loans are introduced, a banking industry could develop, and the national bank could be slowly nerfed/phased out - or retained as a conservative option (small loans, low interest rates).
David Stark

+ / -

As an addendum: there would have to be some way of preventing abuse of this, either by admin oversight or some game mechanism. Otherwise you can pump up your company by having "friends" start their own ones and "loan" you money at a convenient low/zero interest.
David Stark

+ / -

One way of preventing abuse could be to just not less young/small companies do loans. You need to be say level 5 to supply loans. That and loaning to your "friends" gets you fined/meteorited.
Jayle Trigger
RJ: Berry Punch
CO: Applejack

+ / -

Total Posts: 93
That is if your 'friends' company have the money to loan out...

Requirement to Player Loans/Banking: Player Bank does not owe anything to the in-game bank.

Player Bank can be sold, but the ownership of the loans given out will be transferred to the bank at a 10 - 33% loss of what is left to pay, to discourage abandoning loans like that. Interest rate will be adjusted to 1% if it is lower.

Lending is a risky business though... if the lendee goes inactive and/or is unable to continue paying the interest. Banks are stuck with their money tied up in other companies till it is paid back in full... or well.. I guess bankruptcies?
David Stark

+ / -

Yeah, I think it's OK if lending is a fairly high-risk business. It would encourage building business relationships between players.

You need to register or login to post a reply.