Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » influencing construction now costs money?

influencing construction now costs money?

Previous [1] 2 Next
John Galt
RJ: John Galt
CO: John Galt

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 23
So, was this something I just hadn't seen before, or is this new? Because I basically just killed off my cash reserves unknowingly, as I did a very minor renovation on a factory (adding 10m^2), and knowing that I had a bunch of influence, went and sped along the building without paying much attention. Turns out it cost me the influence plus what must've been around 1.8MM dollars, which I never would have done if I had noticed it.

Using influence has never previously involved money for me. Was I just lucky and under some cap for having to spend to use influence, or is this a new aspect of the game? Yeah, I get that I should have read more closely, but yeesh, that is painful, given that up until now, the game has conditioned me to think of spending influence as free.
Ham Bunny
RJ: Hambunny

+ / -

Total Posts: 12
Same here, didn't notice and end up paying lots of cash for it.
Reiter Hexenmeister
RJ: Ritter Hexenmeister

+ / -

Total Posts: 22
I think its a new requirement for speed expansion/construction, I stay iddle on my stores for seven hours, because was I saving money to complete quest, now short on cash and can't accelerate expansion.

I agree to pay money aside influence for expansion, maybe, proportional to company or construction size, but now the price for accelerate expansion is very expensive: cost for expansion from 100m^2 to 150m^2 = $500,000; cost for hurry expansion > $15,000,000, more than 30 times, can't afford that.
Moe Jack
RJ: Moejack
CO: Moe Jack

Post Rating: 9
+ / -

Total Posts: 128
I just now encountered the money+influence for hurrying as well. It's quite a lot of money as well.

I haven't noticed, but it would be handy if you could SEE how much it would cost to hurry the construction on the construction panel. Like a "buy now" button. I would guess that many people would only undergo construction they could pay for right then.

James Grey
RJ: Dairy Aire
CO: Dairy Aire

+ / -

Total Posts: 26
Price is massive o.0 Should be at lest half of what is.
Billy Vierra
RJ: Saffrian
CO: Billy Vierra

+ / -

Total Posts: 84
Hit me as well :) The "Buy now" instead of hurry seems like a great idea to me :)
zxektok megatron
RJ: zxektok

+ / -

Total Posts: 140
agreed - i have been saving up my influence. this change pretty much makes me have to spend about 100 MIL to spend my influence points i have saved.

give us warning please, and rectract the influence thing for 1 week so people can spend saved influence instead of forcing people to hold onto it until they are HUGE

(and decrease the cost lol)
John Galt
RJ: John Galt
CO: John Galt

Post Rating: 4
+ / -

Total Posts: 23
I have to agree, beyond what I've already stated about how easy it is to accidentally spend a lot of money with this change, that the cost (even if you wanted to use this) seems astronomical. I'm not sure under what circumstances I'd ever use influence at this point.

By way of example, a 20m^2 expansion to one of my research facilities (from 60m^2 to 80m^2) will cost me either 5 hours of downtime, or $10.7MM. I'm having a hard time imagining a scenario where saving 5 hours of research downtime would be worth that much money. For $10.7MM I could just leave the building the same size and pay to outsource an ungodly amount of research for much greater effect. And, if that scales linearly, I'd need about $200MM to be able to actually use the influence I have stored up.

For a company whose daily revenue is currently only around $4.5MM, this change is pretty much putting influence into the "ignore this aspect of the game" category.
zxektok megatron

+ / -

agreed - it makes the influence semi pointless for small companies
Moe Jack
RJ: Moejack
CO: Moe Jack

+ / -

Total Posts: 128
which makes it that much harder for smaller companies to get anywhere...
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: -6
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Since I'm seeing too many negatives and not one positive, I'll reduce the cost for smaller companies once I get home tonight. No refunds will be given for already hurried expansions.
Aleksandr Bismarck
RJ: Randy Sweetcakes

+ / -

Total Posts: 7
Wow. I'm glad I bumped into this thread before I went to rush my latest construction or I'd probably have been soaked for 25% of my company's nett worth.

I'm glad I'm practically out of influence as I won't be needing it any more.
zxektok megatron

+ / -

Omnipotent One - please can we have a day or to without this feature so people can have some warning before a big change. Many of us still have influence to spend and did not expect your holiness to do this on a whim....
David Donlon
RJ: Fenious Buttersmith

+ / -

Total Posts: 79
It really didn't make sense for the hurrying to be totally free, but it is very expensive now. I simply can't afford to hurry anything at these prices.

Is this intended to stop some of the shenanigans that went on before? If so, I can't completely be against it, but would welcome some relief.
Jim Frazer
RJ: Kenneth Noisewater
CO: Kenneth Noisewater

+ / -

Total Posts: 25
Luckily I'm too poor to accidentally pay for my rushed expansion :) Wanted to consolidate my 2 beverage factories into 1, so I started a 50m^2 expansion and tried to hurry it... 60 influence and 8.5mil. Ouch.

Good thing I tried the "hurry" before selling the other factory. Don't want to be dead in the water for hours not producing any apple juice. Think about the children!
Jayle Trigger
RJ: Berry Punch
CO: Applejack

+ / -

Total Posts: 93
Woo.. it is mighty expensive to hurry construction.

3.5 hours to go on a 90m expansion, to 100m total...
Cost: 42 influence and $8.65 M

Company in question: (Level 6 junk company that I picked up and am trying to save.)
http://www.ratjoy.com/eos/firm/3318
http://www.ratjoy.com/eos/stock-view.php?ss=IMG
Previous [1] 2 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.