Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Idea: Marketing Time

Idea: Marketing Time

Paco Co
RJ: Mr. Costa
CO: Mr. Costa

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 89
Hi, i want to discuss an idea for a new feature, 1 slider that lets us set for how long our marketing campaigns should last.

Its really simple, we select how much money and for how long we want the marketing.

That way i can coordinate my campaigns with the days left until i want to upgrade my stores, since when upgrading they dont sell so marketing at that time is useless.

Example: I want to upgrade my store in 4 days.
- I set 10M cash for marketing that store
- I set 96 hours of marketing

And it gives me the marketing power for those ours.

Right now i set the 10M and the marketing power is spread over a long time, so a lot of it is wasted.
Paul Jikanski
RJ: Paul Jikanski
CO: Paul Jikanski

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 194
Doesn't sound like a bad idea but Scott would probably have to rewrite the whole marketing formulas.
Paco Co
RJ: Mr. Costa
CO: Mr. Costa

+ / -

Total Posts: 89
At first i dont think it would be 2 complicated, right now he should have something like:

money*e(-t) with a t at a fixed value, it would just be a mater of making it a variable, with a range of something like 1-100 hours or something.

That way you could use 10M in 1 hour or spread out over 100 hours, depending on you funds and strategy.
IRL it would translate into something like a TV comercial or a newspaper ad.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
No. I had something else in mind. :-)

I'll put convenience functions in there as well when the new feature is released, but it'll probably be "continuous marketing" instead of "spread over x weeks"

You need to register or login to post a reply.