Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » (IDEA) make research level a commodity

(IDEA) make research level a commodity

Jayson Drake Tan
RJ: Ben
CO: Ben

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 74
in making it a commodity, one can be a research firm.

meaning, they research product X to Q(N), then sell them to firms that need those researches, they lose their research X Q(N), but they will charge the buyer what amount of price reasonable.

Because in real life, technology can be bought and more opportunities are given to the R&D players, and it won't be of any hassle of time to companies requiring such Quality level. the only problem they have is their budget constraint.
Paul Jikanski
RJ: Paul Jikanski
CO: Paul Jikanski

+ / -

Total Posts: 194
Well, you can Outsource research, which completes the remaining amount in 12 seconds for a hefty fee. I don't think there are enough players for a research market though. I think a few megacorps would buy out some research once the market opened, but after a month I think the market would be dead because all the big companies have the research they want, and the new players don't have the money for it and would probably be better off just doing their own R&D. The cost of current R&D would make any Q levels over 60 or so, depending on the item, cost an absurd amount. I currently have a couple items at level 70 or so and it costs $35,000,000 for a single level. I could only imagine what Q85 will cost for the same item. I couldn't imagine, however, how much it would cost to buy all levels from 1-85 at once. It would probably be close to a trillion. Unless I was one of those 10 or 20 megacorps that have unlimited capital, I might buy R&D in an item to expand my markets, but right now I'd much rather work on it at my own pace based on the current prices.

The way it is now keeps markets actively competitive. If you stop R&D your competitors will pass you and take over the marketshare. Adding the option to purchase R&D from another company would enable the megacorps to R&D everything in their massive R&D buildings, then make trillions selling them to other megacorps who can "hijack" another market instantly by setting up 1 or 2 large factories, buying out the research, spending a few days on a production run, then stock the shelves and watch themselves take all the marketshare.

The rich get richer and the poor get bankrupt. That's just too easy if you ask me.
Paul Jikanski

+ / -

Maybe it could be added to a list of features, which would be added if Scott ever created another "server" where everyone started out fresh.
dan bra
RJ: King
CO:

+ / -

Total Posts: 55
Tech market will actually not benefit with the mega-companies, exactly because the current bottleneck of research is money and not time. if they have the money for it, they can reach it (relatively) fast enough on their own

At the current rules however, such a feature it will have an effect on the very basic mechanism of production in the game.
because research is confined to a single company, if you allow transferring it to another company people will just do research in a designed company and sell/transfer it to a second company who has all the manufacturing plants, use it to start a production line, and then sell it to the next manufacturing company in line. the result is a ridiculous tech relay chain.

if there is one thing that you could do to escape this route is to make research not gone after you sell it, because you are selling knowledge and not a material product.
the consequences would be a dramatic spread of tech and as a result a drop in its value.

which isnt necessarily a bad thing. it just a different concept to the game, a more realistic one. tech getting less and less valuable because it spreads in the world, and the most innovative companies has a to work harder and harder only to preserve their technologic advantage.

although i think there is a mechanism in the game that already causing research to be cheaper as the lead technology of it getting higher, im not sure how effective it is. i personally think this kind of open tech market will be incredibly interesting to try (and this is a beta after all).
Paul Jikanski

+ / -

There is a research/tech market in the game Virtonomics that used to play. But that game's style is different. You own a corporation, and each building counts as an individual company with statistic and budget sheets etc.

I like the way it is now. It makes each company more meaningful/powerful forcing you to be more "careful" about the way you invest in it's research and building development.
Jayson Drake Tan
RJ: Ben
CO: Ben

+ / -

Total Posts: 74
that is the idea, when you sell the research, you have the right not to know it anymore.
:P LOL. Meaning, you will start again at Q0.

You need to register or login to post a reply.