Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Newbie Station » I've inadvertently become the CEO of a sinking company! D:

I've inadvertently become the CEO of a sinking company! D:

Charlie Wood
RJ: Chaz GELF
CO: Chaz

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 2
So, I've been playing the stock market, buying shares and then selling them to make a profit, as you do. Unfortunately, I stumbled across a minor issue: Having bought shares in a company whose share prices were cheap, I ended up becoming its CEO. The issue comes from the fact that it looks like the company I've become CEO of is currently undergoing investigation for suspicious B2B sales, has 44k ready cash, and has a loan of 15G. Selling the shares I had hasn't done anything to get me out of this. Furthermore, I can't sell the company (Since it's not my own) and I can't select Retire As CEO (Because the option apparently hasn't been implemented yet, which is kind of worrying).

My question is this: Am I now responsible for whatever arises from the previous owner's unscrupulous trading practices, and is there any way I can get out of this, short of restarting my life a second time?

EDIT: Scratch that second one, the stock prices just updated, and I'm no longer CEO of the company in question, thankfully. The first question is still relevant - What happens if you become the CEO of a company who's in deep trouble?
David Archer
RJ: BallC
CO: BallC

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 142
Well, all the transactions are timestamped as well as when you took over. I wouldn't worry about it. Any impropriety on the part of the previous Chair(s) wouldn't fall on you.
Zack WenJian
RJ: Zack
CO: Zack

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 114
once the company reach max debt it will be declared bankrupt and close down i suppose.
u will not be liable to any debt from the company since company is limited liability unlike sole proprietor

You need to register or login to post a reply.