I'm sorry, I was a retard

Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.

Turns out I wasn't as smart as I thought I was when I coded this rookie project. I've omitted to even hide error messages on the production server, so error messages where spewing everywhere - including any untruncated section of database name/password.

The only relief I have is that at the time, I somehow still had the sense to store hashes using different salts for each user, and not put plain text passwords into the database.

Edit: You can reach me at scott (at) ratjoy (dot) com
Andrew Carnegie
RJ: Andrew Carnegie
CO: Andrew Carnegie

+ / -

Total Posts: 94
as I know only the theoretical basics of computer programming, I'd say you've done one hell of a fine job in creating an interesting game that simulates our real world of global free market capitalism. i'd quibble with minor details, such as how the real world in the highly developed nations today is far more based on the sale of services, rather than the text book 19th century models of vertical integration of extracting raw commodities, transporting them to a factory, transforming them to semi-intermediate industrial goods, which then get made into final consumer goods.

Is there some way to contact you in the future, if the system crashes or some such? Technical questions; not theoretical questions such as how the game "should be" designed?

again: my highest compliments to you on creating a fun (free to the user!) capitalist simulation game.
Tiny Hogwaffle
RJ: Caligula
CO: Tiny Hogwaffle

+ / -

Total Posts: 128
I think you did a damn fine job, for a rookie.
Bruce Heitz
RJ: Berkeley Food & Farm
CO: Berkeley

+ / -

Total Posts: 162
I agree. The game is detailed enough to provide enough technical planning, yet simple enough for people to learn and enjoy.
Becs Vatra
RJ: Bachtala
CO: Cimra

+ / -

Total Posts: 2
Agreed! This is a terrific game, and I'm really grateful for all the time and effort you've spent on developing it. Hope you continue!

You need to register or login to post a reply.