Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Newbie Station » How to sell in a store ?

How to sell in a store ?

Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 341
Hello,

This may look dumb question and it is, but I feel a bit disappointed with what can I sell from the store..

I am currently selling Orange ( quality 20, price 2.5 $ ) in a 60 m2 store, and I have following tick :

Your Recent Sales (15 Min.)
Sales price: $2.50
Units sold: 110
Total revenue: $275
Demand Met: 67.54%

Ok it will require ages to sell my few oranges, this is definately too long.
I can't expand much my store as it is really costly.

did I something wrong ? ( except selling fruits as all noobs do )
Mike Finn
RJ: Ben Fuller
CO: Ben Fuller

+ / -

Total Posts: 94
Have you tried the 'lazy 2x' button? That will set the price at a level that should increase your sales and profit/tick.
Gamma Alpha
RJ: Gammatron
CO: Gammatron

+ / -

Total Posts: 104
What's the average world price for oranges?
Bob Malone

+ / -

average quality is 20, average price is around 2.60.

I will try the LAZY Button ( which just set price to 1.4 )
Gamma Alpha

+ / -

depending on the cost of your orange unit, you can go down with a price.

I'm not sure about formulas, just using my intutition, not maths - I'm selling at 2x cost of buying my goods OR about 3,5x-4 times costs of producing them, trying to be always below the average world price. in rare cases goods sell pretty good if you go above average world price too. I'd seriously suggest expanding your store though.
address unknown
RJ: DropsySufferer

Post Rating: 6
+ / -

Total Posts: 32
Sell as many products in your market as possible. Selling one product greatly limits the amount you're going to make. Every slot in your market should be full and selling at around world price average.
Bob Malone

+ / -

Thanks all for your answers.

I think building first a supermarket was a mistake, this is very expensiv and I do not have much product to sell...
Gamma Alpha

+ / -

This is "economy of scale" game, so you start with something very very small and then make it grow, it takes days too.

Initially I followed some advice and I sold everything fruit/vegetables related, and invested in furniture/sports goods, where demand is higher. Maybe you should do the same - just find out a proper group of products.

Gamma Alpha

+ / -

Also, make use of all influence you've got NOW. Expand for free, before you reach certain level, you're gonna miss this later :)
Bob Malone

+ / -

Well this is maybe a good idea to give a new business strategy to my company, fruit bizness seems very crowded ( and Orange seems to be the worst )...

If I sell my building, how much I would get from them ? 75 % of their total value ?
Gamma Alpha

+ / -

200 000$ worth building gives you 180 000 after selling it.

I can tell you from my own experience that textiles, furniture, containers, sporting goods sell well and are not overcrowded yet, but there are surely other users who can contribute valuable info, sins EoS encyclopedia does not contain those stats on individual goods anymore.
Bob Malone

+ / -

I cannot trust EoS Stats about % demand / price / quality ?
Andrew Turner
RJ: Thomas Lazygun

+ / -

Total Posts: 44
Put most of your oranges on the B2B market. Buy decent quality goods from the B2B market or import market to put in your store. Fill up as many shelves as possible: you pay for them even if they're empty.

It's usually more effective to sell your Q15 goods and buy in the other goods, rather than try to grow/produce everything your store sells. The exception is when the other players are doing irritating things like pricing all the watermelons on the B2B market at $100 or more.

The sort of sales you're getting seems about right for a 60 sq m store. Make sure you're advertising it. You can reasonably cheaply double a small store's effectiveness.

You need to register or login to post a reply.