Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Stock Market Discussion » How do shares keep going up?

How do shares keep going up?

Chad the Launderer
RJ: Synreal
CO: Synreal

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 148
Once there are 0 shares available for a company, how does the share price increase?
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Thanks for pointing out.

Funny thing is I thought about the same thing while in bed a few nights ago, and then I decided, this game is inspired by that awesome game called Capitalism Plus... so we might as well just stay loyal to it until maybe v0.80

(Share price eventually went from $100 to over $100k even after I personally owned all shares of my company in that game)
Chad the Launderer

+ / -

I think if you just make the price increase and decrease by a small percentage randomly then it would entice people to eventually sell allowing for more stock price increase. Since I can't issue more shares my stock will be rock solid at a certain price since there are no more shares to purchase.
Chad the Launderer

+ / -

Or better yet, implement an ask/bid price. Say my stock is 22.50 and I have a million shares. I can put in an ask of 22.75 for 100k shares. If someone wants to pay me that then my stock goes up because obviously they like my financials. Alternately, someone may put in a bid of 22.25 and if I get in a crunch and need money, I will sell to them, lowering price.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

That works, added to the list (most of you must hate to see this L word by now).
Garry Hurst
RJ: jackosbournelookalike
CO: jackosbournelookalike

+ / -

Total Posts: 151
Splits!!!! we need split and reverse splits!

BTW how long is that list now 15 pages :P
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

492 lines.

Also split isn't a problem, but the thing that got me stumped is reverse split, I tried to do a bit of search and still wasn't be able to find a clear answer on how to implement this:

Suppose if you had 95 shares and $0, and there is a 1:10 RS, will you be left with 9 shares and some money, or 10 shares and some margin?

One source mentions you'll be left with 9, and some cash from the sales of that fraction of a share.
Another says a company can have a policy that states no one will have less than 100 shares after a RS, and therefore you'll end up with 100 shares, but of course you'll need to pay for the extra 90.5 shares.
A third says simply round up any factions, and no payment is required.
Chad the Launderer

Post Rating: 26
+ / -

Auto sell at current market price down to a value that results in an integer when doing the math and then split it. Don't make the sell affect share price.
Henrik Hedegaard
RJ: Henrik Hedegaard
CO: Dimex

+ / -

Total Posts: 6
this game is inspired by that awesome game called Capitalism Plus...

This is my best game ever. Im very glad that Cap is your inspiration becorse then i know you have set your goals high.
The game as it is, is allready very good, so cant wait to see what it ends out to become.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Thanks for the kind words - and yes, if games like Cap Plus are still around nowadays, I probably wouldn't make EoS since I'll be playing those instead.

Don't you just drool at the possibility of a MMO version of Cap Plus?
Henrik Hedegaard
RJ: Henrik Hedegaard
CO: Dimex

+ / -

Total Posts: 6
Don't you just drool at the possibility of a MMO version of Cap Plus?

Yes i have for years.
Playing cap 2 against a friend is great too
Garry Hurst
RJ: jackosbournelookalike
CO: jackosbournelookalike

+ / -

Total Posts: 151
selling fractional shares is very true to real world reverse splits, and happens automatically and doesn't affect price, you can do as suggested, previously and round down/sell off then set the num shares, and new price. :D
LP Paradoxian
RJ: LP Paradoxian

+ / -

Total Posts: 18
When there is a reverse split the company buys the fractional shares. There are businesses that use reverse splits to buy out small investors. Let's assume a $10 share prices and if they want to buy everyone out who has less than $10k invested they'll do a 1:1000 RS. Sometimes they also do odd numbered reverse splits, like 1:999, to buy people out.
Ay Vee
RJ: Ay Vee

+ / -

Total Posts: 33
I think it's would be equally legitimate to just allow fractional shares. IRL I have a couple companies where I own x.342 (etc) shares because of dividend reinvestment. Neither I, the brokerage firm, nor the company care...
LP Paradoxian
RJ: LP Paradoxian

+ / -

Total Posts: 18
Those shares are probably held in a special account like a DRIP and not directly tradable on the exchange.

You need to register or login to post a reply.