Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Hopelessly lost companies and their research

Hopelessly lost companies and their research

M Burch
RJ: Farmerbob
CO: Farmerbob

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 151
Was looking through the stock market and saw some companies with no structures, and debt over 20x their market cap.

After a certain point, these companies need to be delisted, and their research (patents) should be auctioned off.

Research from another company should add to the research of the purchasing company, but not linearly, it should be based on the time investment required to match that same research.

For example, say I have 40 research in corn. I win a patent auction for tech 60 corn. Adding the two would not give me 100 tech. The game would calculate how much it would cost to research my 40, then the same calculation to determine the cost of researching 60 corn tech.

Then it would add those research values together, and figure out how much total corn research could have been performed by a single company spending the same amount of money that both companies put into it.

Adding in a waste factor of a few % would probably be a good idea. A lot of low level research would be duplicated, but there would be research synergies as well, so the overall effect shouldn't be a massive negative.
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
I like the idea of auctioning off the tech. I am not as enamored with the result. If you buy a level 50, you own a level 50. Trying to squeeze more out of it than that doesn't pass the smell test. But I like having that asset available. Good idea.
M Burch
RJ: Farmerbob
CO: Farmerbob

+ / -

Total Posts: 151
I'd have to do the math, but based on what I've seen the learning curve on research is pretty scary. Adding a 40 and a 60 tech together like I mentioned above would probably yield around 63 or 64. Maybe. Adding 40 to 70 might not even shift the tech to 71.

But ya, if balancing doesn't look right, then simply taking the highest value works too, I suppose.

You need to register or login to post a reply.