Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Newbie Station » Good News/Bad News

Good News/Bad News

Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 506
The bad news is: I put in a store price of $20,000 when I wanted $2,000.
the good news is: I still sold one every couple of hours, and probably drove up the world market price in the process, so everyone else made out a bit.

Lessons to be learned:
1) BE CAREFUL when setting your pricing. (or anything else, for that matter)
2) There is, in fact, some idiot that will over-pay for everything, even in Eosonia.
Mister Death
RJ: McFlono McFloninoo

+ / -

Total Posts: 266
Good thing you didn't price them at $200! (I left a nought off the price once...caught it, but only after a tick and 25% of my stock had gone...)
Josh Millard
RJ: Tex Corman
CO: J. Quaff Arabica

Post Rating: 33
+ / -

Total Posts: 167
Bad news: a whole lot of people are pricing goods significantly higher than the import price for those goods, which means inventory-hungry companies like mine aren't buying it.

Good news: inventory-hungry companies like mine can just buy that stuff on the import market instead.

There's a big player market for reasonably priced for-retail product. But you have to price reasonably to make that happen. Reasonably doesn't mean sweetheart deal, it doesn't mean only 2x wholesale or anything like that; it just means less than import by enough for anyone to bother.

Check import prices on stuff before you list it, because there's a lot more players who want to buy at non-stupid prices than there are who will buy at stupid prices.
Mister Death
RJ: McFlono McFloninoo

+ / -

Total Posts: 266
Bad news: Wholesale fruit prices are in the doldrums. Apples are wholesaling at $0.85, only 170% of their base price.

Good news: You can turn those fruits into products that are making much more money. Apple cider is wholesaling at 567% of base, apple juice at 600% of base, apple pie at 1400%! Apple sorbet isn't even out there right now, but I sold my last batch at 1000% of base, and apparently I could have asked for more.
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
"Bad news: a whole lot of people are pricing goods significantly higher than the import price for those goods, which means inventory-hungry companies like mine aren't buying it."

Yeah. One of the first things I noticed when I started this game was that I had to really price around before buying goods for my stores. I am always amused at prices higher than the import market. It means they are looking for suckers (probably about 2%) or they aren't paying attention (98%) And I remember reading about people complaining about the prices of import goods. Well, if you aren't going to be smart, no import price will be high enough. Duh.

You need to register or login to post a reply.