Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » General Discussion

General Discussion

Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 13
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
This is your topic. Feel free to post under here or start your own topics.
Erving Maxwell
RJ: Erving Maxwell

Post Rating: 14
+ / -

Total Posts: 25
I have to say, just looking at all the different products and buildings, this has the potential to be a really great game. I'm completely overwhelmed and don't know where to start, but I'm eager to go in deep and find ways to make money. I do have a couple suggestions: 1) being able to change your name and the name of your company, 2) being able to invest in your own company without an IPO. Also, looking at the Rat & Joy stock info page, I'm not seeing the dividend.
Erving Maxwell

+ / -

Whoops, nm.
Scott (Admin)

Post Rating: 12
+ / -

Thanks for the comments. The name change things are in the Settings on the upper-right.

I'll probably re-do the interface after I finish the stock market...
Erving Maxwell

+ / -

I know you're busy, but after you're finished with the stock market and such, I have a few suggestions:

1. The supermarket I just built apparently can only sell 1 thing at a time. Instead, stores should be stocked up with a variety of things, and sell them gradually and simultaneously, like a real store.

2. Certain resources like electricity and water shouldn't be bought in bulk, they should come off a utilities system.

3. Somewhere down the line, technologies should be shared (for a price, aka patent royalties) within the whole economy.

4. There should be a service sector.

EDIT: 5. The cash costs for many things should be redefined as units of labor (and later on, different qualities of labor) and raw materials, these having a cash cost. This should dovetail with the system of supply and demand that you want to implement.
Erving Maxwell

+ / -

One thing you should do in the near future: The ability to sell buildings or cancel construction. I know I can sell them on the B2B market, but that seems a bit unreliable now that the game is new and the economy pretty rudimentary.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Yeah, that was planned for the future, the only thing that is currently available is selling the whole company through settings and starting a new one.

and about your earlier suggestions:

1. The supermarket I just built apparently can only sell 1 thing at a time. Instead, stores should be stocked up with a variety of things, and sell them gradually and simultaneously, like a real store.

--Yup, will put that on the list. (I take it you played Capitalism Plus before?)

2. Certain resources like electricity and water shouldn't be bought in bulk, they should come off a utilities system...

--I thought about this before, but if that's the case I'd rather take it out all together and use cash instead

3. Somewhere down the line, technologies should be shared (for a price, aka patent royalties) within the whole economy.

--Heh, you read my mind, this was already planned

4. There should be a service sector.

--There's also a government system, and a personal collections (home) system that will come before this.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Actually, selling multiple items is quite easy to do, so I'll just ask this:

How many?

1. Please choose a number between 3 to 12. (I'm thinking about 4)

and:

2. Should I make it possible to sell the same product of exact same quality?
3. Of different qualities?
Erving Maxwell

+ / -

Well you already set up the supermarket to be able to sell a few dozen things, and there are already a multitude of products even in this early beta stage. I really view overwhelming complexity as a positive. It should really take some brain work to get things done, and people might want to specialize in different areas.

I'm not sure if that's what it was like in Capitalism Plus, never played that game, but it is something that drew me to EoS, and something I think should be emphasized.
Scott (Admin)

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Just feel like elaborating my point about the university course thing:

http://www.honors.ufl.edu/courses/cou rsesfall10.html
You might want to look up the course IDS2935

They should certainly add EoS on the list for 2012.

You need to register or login to post a reply.