Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » Fun

Fun

Eric Ewing
RJ: Peebles
CO: Peebles

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 16
Okay, though it may not be popular to admit it, I'm still having a lot of fun.

When there's no electricity in the B2B channel and I growl at my idle factories I'm enjoying it. When Sourone stomps my little window air conditioner monopoly I smile and sell refrigerators. When I accidentally set my washing machine price in the store to two dollars each by misclicking and lose a hundred thou in a tick I throw my head back and laugh at my stupidity.

I'm even enjoying the meta game of lurking on the forum. I had no real opinion of the Ball C stuff, but I admired the passion coming from both sides of the issue. I ask myself "What if Scott NEVER returns? How would my enjoyment change? Would it?". I still check in on my EOS companies to set production runs and research queues, and I marvel at how the server isn't abandoned (even as my server on the multi-million dollar Star Wars MMO turned into a ghost town).

I think on some level I'm enjoying the game as a living system. When someone games the mathematics (on the new server or the old) I simultaneously admire their way of thinking and also watch closely to how the system will react. And by "system" I not only mean the database full of numbers, but also the people using it. The way we react to these numbers on our screens and how our reactions ripple through and impact others is fascinating.

We are all smart people for playing such an abstract game (so give yourselves a round of applause), and all of our play styles are equally valid as long as we are enjoying ourselves.

Hold on, I need to make some more glass.....

Peebles
Edwin Quintanilla
RJ: EdqMaster
CO: Edqmaster

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 74
Yeah people should just play the game rather trying to win the game. I see it all the time with MMO Games. Ex. Minecraft servers you build an awesome empire block by block only to have it deleted because the admin could not afford the cost of a server you get all mad then realize all the fun you had building it with your online buddies. To me its the balance of people make the game great. Ex. Too many troll no fun no trolls no fun no admin no fun too much admin no fun too many players no fun no players no fun as you can see a balance of all such factors is what makes it fun. But like I posted on another thread some people just wanna watch the world burn and yet other want to save it.
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
I can't disagree or I wouldn't still be here. But we really need electricity again.
Andrew Naples
RJ: Clemen Salad
CO: Clemen

+ / -

Total Posts: 214
Yea if I didnt enjoy mass producing blueberry pie I would be gone.
Richard Ripberger
RJ: Rip
CO: Rip

+ / -

Total Posts: 153
I'm still having fun. Looks like I may need to shy away from depending on the b2b for raw materials though.
Nathan Browning
RJ: Nathaniel Barnes
CO: Nathan Browning

+ / -

Total Posts: 6
I never got to play on the first server much, but I've been having a lot of fun running my slaughterhouses and livestock farm. At first I was buying animals off the B2B but they dried up so now I'm raising my own. It gets pretty crazy juggling all the different meats though, I haven't managed the art of long production runs yet. I'm always doing short 3-4 hour runs to replace a item going out of stock. That really got me when the power went out this weekend from the storm.
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
the game is quite fun, but it would be really great with more players ... need the homepage done, the tutorial done, and some advertisement....
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
HAPPY 4TH AMERICA

You need to register or login to post a reply.