Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » FishTime - Greasemonkey timer script

FishTime - Greasemonkey timer script

Sam Pokeylope
RJ: Mr. Pokeylope
CO: Mr. Pokeylope

Post Rating: 14
+ / -

Total Posts: 6
So FishBike wrote a very useful Greasemonkey script, which I tweaked and added a few features to. It does the following:

• Adds color-coded countdown timers to buildings for production/expansion/research

• Sets the page title to show number of idle buildings as well as shortest time remaining for an active building

• Adds status text showing what each building is producing/researching

• Adds a link for each product on the warehouse page to B2B listings for that product

Status text, page title modification, and gear/hammer icons can be enabled or disabled (look for "Configuration options" near the start of the script).

It's available at https://github.com/pokeylope/FishTime . Works in Firefox and Opera, does not currently work in Chrome.
eric scott
RJ: Erik Scott
CO: Sappo

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 130
Sounds neat!

Unfortunately I am running chrome lol
Josh Millard
RJ: Tex Corman
CO: J. Quaff Arabica

+ / -

Total Posts: 167
Changed. My. Life.
Sam Pokeylope
RJ: Mr. Pokeylope
CO: Mr. Pokeylope

+ / -

Total Posts: 6
I expect free donuts for life, Tex.
Matthew Suozzo
RJ: Buckaroo Bonzai

+ / -

Total Posts: 40
Very nice. Next step is a stand-alone app. Market analysis + Business Management UI = Community Brownie Points
Walter Yorkshire
RJ: Walter Yorkshire
CO: Walter Yorkshire

+ / -

Total Posts: 132
You find a way to get such scripts to use on Chrome I will give you my Q999 Executive Chair for you to sit on! (Firefox had a disagreement with EOS for me and asked me to choose between it and EOS, so I switched to Chrome)
Fish Bike
RJ: FishBike
CO: FishBike

Post Rating: 2
+ / -

Total Posts: 22
When Mr. Pokeylope says he tweaked this script, he is being modest. What he actually did was pretty much re-write the horrible code I initially wrote so that it's good, and added a ton of features to it. It's probably more his than mine at this point (which is cool).
Gheed Baiwa ben sandara
RJ: Bob
CO: Bob

+ / -

Total Posts: 45
how can i install this?
Fish Bike
RJ: FishBike
CO: FishBike

+ / -

Total Posts: 22
Assuming you already have the Greasemonkey extension installed, you go to the URL that Sam posted (https://github.com/pokeylope/FishTime), click on 'FishTime.user.js', and then click on the 'Raw' button. That should bring up the installation prompt.

I also put the latest version on userscripts.org this morning, here: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/130193

There's an install button right on that page, so that might be easier. It also has a "How do i use this?" link at the top, which explains how to get Greasemonkey if you don't already have that.
Gheed Baiwa ben sandara
RJ: Bob
CO: Bob

+ / -

Total Posts: 45
Ah it works now thx for the nice explanation!
Harald Hansen
RJ: J.R. Warbucks
CO: J. R. Warbucks

+ / -

Total Posts: 9
Pokeylope and Fishbike are good people!
Al White
RJ: Valin
CO:

+ / -

Total Posts: 21
Seconding HHansen! This makes it much easier to tell at a glance what nears completion. :-)
Atorek Flarecrystal
RJ: Atorek Flarecrystal

+ / -

Total Posts: 11
I third that statement.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
You find a way to get such scripts to use on Chrome I will give you my Q999 Executive Chair for you to sit on! (Firefox had a disagreement with EOS for me and asked me to choose between it and EOS, so I switched to Chrome)

I like Chrome too, but I love Firefox! :-(

Pokeylope and Fishbike are good people!

>:-)
David Rickmann
RJ: Dave!
CO: Dave!

+ / -

Total Posts: 10
For chrome users, you can install an extension called Tamper Monkey and add it in that way. That's what I've done.

I will let you know where to send the executive chair to. :)
Tom Denton
RJ: kaibutsu

+ / -

Total Posts: 24
I'm kind of tempted to write some scripts to submit build orders for research, factories, etc, which I could execute via a cron job thus giving a user-side implementation of production queues...

Here's some useful bits stripped from the code for the order-submission pages that could provide the basis for such scripts. All addresses should be prefixed with "http://www.ratjoy.com/eos/".

Store Expansion:
"stores-expand-start.php?fsid="+1425+"& esize="+esize
The 'fsid' will presumably vary depending on the particular store you're expanding; I guess you'll have to pull that out of the page source yourself.

Imports:
"market-import-buy.php?market_prod_id="+marke tProdId+"&buy_num="+buyNum
Obviously, insert the relevant product id and number to buy. Could be used to set up a once-per-interval script to buy products for stocking a store.

Set sales price:
"stores-sell-set-price-start.php?sales_price=" ;+sales_price[whId]+"&ipid_wh_id="+whId
Relevant bits: whId presumably links the particular items in your warehouse, while sales_price does what's on the tin.

A good script would:
a) Buy a bunch of imports,
b) Identify their warehouse Id's,
c) Set a sales price, and finally
d) Initiate sales.

Sales are currently turned on and off with a switch, so the script would also need to be able to query the site to see if sales are currently on or off.

Factory Production:
"factories-production-start.php?ffid=3937&fcid=4&pn um="+pnum+"&ipid1_wh_id=121568"
ffid is the particular factory (apparently 3937 in this case), dependent on your particular setup.
pnum is the number to produce.
fcid is the production type being performed. In this case, it's electricity made with coal... Electricity from natural gas has a different fcid.
There may be up to four ipidX_wh_id variables, corresponding to the different inputs to the production.

So a good factory queue script would:
a) Identify the various warehouse id's of goods going into the mix,
b) Start production at the appropriate factory.

Ok, that's all for now... I don't want to interrupt any research to get the relevant data from those sites.

You need to register or login to post a reply.