Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Newbie Station » Explanation on mechanism of stock market

Explanation on mechanism of stock market

Zack WenJian
RJ: Zack
CO: Zack

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 114
would anyone explain briefly how do the stock market works here
i believe that my country works differently from wall street or Dow.

From my understanding, when company release IPO, public buy from them at a fixed price(Primary market).
After that the buying and selling are trading between individual. Buyer price have to match seller price to close the deal. Eg. Buy price $100, Sell price $101. therefore Share price is controlled by the market. (secondary market)

However in this game, u can buy from the company at IPO, but u can freely sell back to the company (or brokerage)?
so what exactly affect the share price?
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Because the stock market was built when we had 20 players, it'd be impossible to put in the ask/bid system - or you'll have to wait for days before you get any activity.

I added a wacky equation and introduced something called "public shares available" to temporarily solve this issue so you don't have to wait. You can treat "public shares" as those held by the NPCs in the game, and when you buy or sell from current stock market, you're buying or selling at market price (not limit price), so in order to buy/sell the shares you asked for, the price will increase/decrease according to the % of shares you're buying.

The ask/bid feature is on the list.

You need to register or login to post a reply.