Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Expansion hard

Expansion hard

zxektok megatron
RJ: zxektok

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 140
An idea about expansion method, unsure wether this would get backed or rejected

now after lvl 6 it seems to be that expansion has to be really slow because we cant really afford a whole factory to shut down for 40 hours+

that lead me thinking, if i want to expand 1000 m^2 farm - why does my production stop?

I think after level 6 - with the expansion times should come 50% production
not 0%

especially if its a middle part factory.
mine->smelt->jewelry
fruit->beverage concen-> icecream

in the examples you wouldnt want to expand smelters or beverage factories because it would have a big impact.
Chad the Launderer
RJ: Synreal
CO: Synreal

+ / -

Total Posts: 148
I agree.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
I'll add some mechanism for that after adding building maintenance fees.
Mister Death
RJ: McFlono McFloninoo

+ / -

Total Posts: 266
How about adding an "expand slower" option - allow half capacity production but it will take twice the time to expand?
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Good idea - certainly doable.
zxektok megatron
RJ: zxektok

+ / -

Total Posts: 140
i like :D
Chad the Launderer
RJ: Synreal
CO: Synreal

+ / -

Total Posts: 148
I like the "expand slower" thing. It is miserable having to expand a 2k factory or store a few hundred and lose millions and million in revenue.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

I just had a sudden revelation - the 200% expansion duration * 50% slower efficiency is actually a trap that slows you down in the end :-P

So that's a good thing.
David Newell
RJ: Vincent Thaster

+ / -

Total Posts: 11
When will we be able to speed up expansion by a either money alone, influence alone, or a combination of the two?

I ask this after seeing that 0.00 dollars and xxx influence line so many times and thinking how many bribes do i have to hand out to get these guys moving? I may not be well known but my money is just as good especially if i do do a bribe and they do fast and good work I could live with a bonus for coming out ahead of schedule deducted from the company coffers or them getting done early but it is a few meters off in either direction...
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

I actually don't intend to do the $ <-> influence anytime soon. Reason being I need to curb the "bigger" companies. They'd be progressing much faster without the influence limitation.

I intend to add $ in addition to the influence cost for "higher-level" companies, without lowering the influence cost. (An exception is when the hired CEO of the company uses their own influence to do the expansion, but why would they want to?)

The 50% working * 200% duration expansion isn't too hard, but read my previous post and think about it :-P

You need to register or login to post a reply.