Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Product Purchase Requests » Electricity?

Electricity?

Moe Jack
RJ: Moejack
CO: Moe Jack

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 128
I'd rather shut down my mines than pay 19 cents a unit.

Victoria Raverna
RJ: Victoria Raverna
CO: Victoria Raverna

+ / -

Total Posts: 107
Buy more when it is available cheaper. Don't wait until you need it.

BTW, I am putting some for b2b sale. Not at 19 cents, but a little bit more than 10 cents.

Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

+ / -

Total Posts: 183
Everyone is so spoiled on electricity prices. 2x wholesale for sand, 4x wholesale for minerals, 4x wholesale for plastic, 8x wholesale for chemicals - no problem. But try to charge 1.9x wholesale for electricity and people shut down their factories in protest.

With the current limited factory space most people don't have room to produce their own electricity - I know I don't. Yet everyone expects electricity to be sold at wholesale price. I haven't done the math on it, but after maintenance and salaries there can't be much profit in it.

Glad I'm not in the energy market.
Moe Jack
RJ: Moejack
CO: Moe Jack

+ / -

Total Posts: 128
Those are fair points, Kemp, and I hadn't studied the economics of it much.

The other industries you mention, however, take much longer to make (1 unit of sand = 100 of electricity (right?) and it uses 4X of electricity!

There's also no research at all required to set it up.

Perhaps if the utility had to actually pay for infrastructure to get me the power, I'd pay 20 cents for it.
Cian Kemp

+ / -

That's true on the research - prospectors have to constantly research and pay out maintenance and salaries on that, while electric companies don't. I guess the electricity prices probably hit your market the worst too, since it's your main cost. It doesn't really affect me much since electricity is a pretty small part of my overall costs.

The raw materials market is pretty cheap too all things considered. I guess it may change eventually, but right now it seems all the lower down markets have a very thin margin while the higher end markets are way above wholesale. Even on something as simple as glass bottles - they've been going for 7-8x wholesale, and any I put up at 5 or 6x wholesale disappear pretty quick.

I guess some of it might be the differing time investments required - glass, for instance, takes quite a bit more than wholesale just to produce it even with cheap raw materials due to the long time required and the high expense of the smelter ($1500 maintenance per m2). All the smelter products are expensive due to this.
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
Yeh, this is why we need the building maintenance and salaries included in the warehouse cost so people can price stuff correctly.

I totally agree with you on this one.
I'll be damned...I see where hell just had a deep freeze.
Cian Kemp

+ / -

Ah, so the electricity market is actually quite profitable then. I never figured it would be, although I never ran the numbers or made a utilities company.
Victoria Raverna
RJ: Victoria Raverna
CO: Victoria Raverna

+ / -

Total Posts: 107
Electricity is profitable.

My company built just one 500 m2 power plant to support my production but that single power plant produces much more than what can be used up daily so I sell the surplus b2b and with price between 0.10 - 0.13, I can sell most of the surplus easily.

I really don't understand why people are pricing their electricity to under 0.10 for amount that is less than 10 millions units since you can easily sell all those in less than 24 hours at price of 0.10 or even 0.13. If you have 100-150 millions units in stock and you're desperate to sell then I can understand pricing it lower than 0.10.

You need to register or login to post a reply.