Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » East Eosia Company

East Eosia Company

Palmius DeVanu
RJ: Palmius Devanu
CO: Ads

Post Rating: 14
+ / -

Total Posts: 2
Any idea on when it will be released? And would quality affect the value of raw material when you sell it.

Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 14
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
It will be released VERY soon
Garry Hurst
RJ: jackosbournelookalike
CO: jackosbournelookalike

Post Rating: 35
+ / -

Total Posts: 151
Thank you for posting, first one i have seen by you if you need anything let me know, check out stock symbol JOI it's my company if you need any help or can't sell a product let me know i offer my help :)
Scott (Admin)

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Thanks Garry, actually I do need a little help...
this is about the future of East Eosia Company.

Would you like it more if I associate the company (and future companies) with real world countries (and use their flags), or fictional ones?

Update: I know this sounds lame, but I just cut my left hand while slicing an avocado in mid-air. So I'll probably be typing slowly today. On the other hand, that avocado tasted pretty good - and is soft.
Palmius DeVanu
RJ: Palmius Devanu
CO: Ads

+ / -

Total Posts: 2
I would say make it a mix, the fictional companies, some based on historical ones.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

I'll use real world countries and flags, with fictional companies.

Mainly because I'm lazy and this is just easier.

As for the raw material prices, don't expect them to go too high, just know those companies are "evil" and will try to keep the purchasing prices low.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Got the database part done, just need to do the front-end now, should be fairly quick (definitely within the next 24 hours)
Garry Hurst
RJ: jackosbournelookalike
CO: jackosbournelookalike

+ / -

Total Posts: 151
excellent, would be nice to add a few fictional ones though....
Roald Adriaansen
RJ: Wuvil
CO: Wuvil

+ / -

Total Posts: 146
Allowing raw material prices to go very high wouldn't be bad really, as long as one could easily switch out what factories you have (sell them off without selling of the entire company), as then the players could try to take advantage of such opportunities.
I do understand reasons to not do so though.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

One thing I sort of hate about my programming style is... whenever I try to add a new function, I can't help but get creative about functions to add later on.

So please don't be surprised by the new B2B getting more "complicated" than necessary, I'm sure you could have guessed the reason behind what I'm thinking: great powers going to war with each other, and price discounts based on goodwill.
Roald Adriaansen
RJ: Wuvil
CO: Wuvil

+ / -

Total Posts: 146
Nothing wrong with complex systems, I've been an EvE player for 7 years now, and also a long time Dwarf Fortress player, can't find many games beating that in complexity :D

All that matters is a good and quick to use interface.
Walter Yorkshire
RJ: Walter Yorkshire
CO: Walter Yorkshire

Post Rating: 34
+ / -

Total Posts: 132
With the import function it looks like a lot of people are making a ton of money from sales in the supermarket. For example Jacko Investments store sales went from $45 million to $230 million. Was it intensional that you would be able to sell what you bought from forign countries on the supermarket for twice what you paid for and still easily sell products? (Also, according to my friend apples sell 5x faster than all the other starting fruits at the same price)
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Thanks for the input Walter. The current price multiplier is at 1.8 (which is about a 224% boost to sales quantity)

The price multiplier was at 3 before the stores got changed, and after the change I've been secretly lowering this number in the past few days. Originally the plan is to get the stores making money, so the plantation owners can sell their things high over the B2B to grow fast too, but I guess those plantations are just too small to take advantage of this.

In the meantime I'll be gradually lowering the multiplier to somewhere near 1.2. As for apples selling better than anything else, it shouldn't. The only reasons for this to happen would be the following: higher average sold price in the past (world), higher quality (your apples), lower average quality of previously sold apples (world).

Another thing is, as the average quality of a product goes up, you can expect their sales to decrease significantly. Of course, getting the average quality up will also kill the sales of lower quality domestic goods, but that can't be helped.

EDIT:
and I forgot to mention, Jackos probably tried a few different values, fitted an equation, and did some calculus to optimize his profit - but he's probably operating at a much lower profit margin than before, hence the intimidating sales revenue.

You need to register or login to post a reply.