Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » Dramatic petroleum export price drop?

Dramatic petroleum export price drop?

Bill Gates
RJ: Bill Gates
CO: Bill Gates

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 19
What happened... Yesterday it was around $80 on the export market, and about $90 for Q0 on the B2B, today the export price dropped to just $43 max, and this has made people selling on the B2B drop their prices too...
TBH I don't see how I could make much of a profit at all from exporting it now, since making 1 unity of petroleum costs around $48 in total including the price of the water and electricity...
EDIT: I suppose I might be making a small profit, since I'm gaining slightly more from exporting due to my quality
Mister Death
RJ: McFlono McFloninoo

+ / -

Total Posts: 266
If you are producing petroleum in quantity, it should cost you just a bit more than half to make today as it did two days ago; hence the export correction. Scott explained it in a forum post yesterday, I forget where.
Miloš Gavrić
RJ: Gavra
CO: gavra

Post Rating: -2
+ / -

Total Posts: 28
This is bad for game... losing players... :(
Ruben Rocha
RJ: RubenR
CO: Radsr

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 7
O_O
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Well, I'm not too afraid of losing players, since I'm more interested in having a serious player base for a game that is eventually to become the most serious business simulation online. Imagine the prestige!

What Mr. Death said about cutting it in half due to economies of scale factor.
Josh Millard
RJ: Tex Corman
CO: J. Quaff Arabica

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 167
Market adjustments happen even in the real world. In the beta for an economic sim that's still getting the core mechanics in place and which has a market that ticks along at effectively 50 times real speed in terms of financial coefficients, it's gonna happen a lot.

No biz model, in the real world or in a suitably non-trivial simulation, is guaranteed to be viable. Risk-averse planning (diversification, keeping a cash balance, etc) can help a player absorb any nasty surprises from a shift in the market or the equations underlying the game; folks who enjoy fighting the market will do fine, folks who don't want to deal with any disruptions or surprises may not really be the target demographic in the first place.

There's a wealth of underserved markets in the game right now. Giant scads of money to be made. If the bottom is falling out of your current niche, pick a new one, liquidate your dead weight assets, and start building up a new vertical with the cash.
Bill Gates
RJ: Bill Gates
CO: Bill Gates

+ / -

Total Posts: 19
Yeah I might end up giving up petrol... Yesterday I made nearly 5m over a days worth of petrol. That $5m... it only made another $3m... and that $3m is now making even less petrol...
Roald Adriaansen
RJ: Wuvil
CO: Wuvil

+ / -

Total Posts: 146
Make said petrol into something else?
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
I am happy to see that you will make the adjustments to make the overall markets work. Not sure why this had to be made, since I haven't been here enough to see the progressions with petroleum. I am curious about the "wholesale market." I see people talk about it, but I see no way to access or use it. What am I missing? Can someone message me and explain it, or explain where to find it. (I can't find a Wiki either)
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
They probably just mean the B2B with the "wholesale market"

You need to register or login to post a reply.