Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Newbie Station » Demand Met/Units Sold

Demand Met/Units Sold

Al White
RJ: Valin
CO:

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 21
I'm wondering what the relationship is here as pertains to my Farmer's Market?

My knowledge of econ is about nil (thus my interest in this game). I'm guessing I should be shooting for 100% demand met? I try to adjust my sales prices to meet this goal and have had over 100% demand met at times. Tell me this is a good thing? Any and all advice on this subject is appreciated.
Billy Vierra
RJ: Saffrian
CO: Billy Vierra

+ / -

Total Posts: 84
My understanding of it demand % is the current world demand that has been met. So if Demand is 80.00% there is a demand for 20% more needed. When it becomes over 100% it means more is being sold than the public wants. This means less sales.

You can see the formula used on the 5th post at: http://www.ratjoy.com/forum/topic/a-single-place-for-all-rev ealed-formulas/

We appear to be using the formula with the demand_eq factored in as well.
Al White
RJ: Valin
CO:

+ / -

Total Posts: 21
Thanks Billy! That is exactly the kind of information I was needing. Demand met is not a store specific number, but a global number! So, when that specific number floats above 100% then the sales price might need to be adjusted downwards to accomodate the surplus sales elsewhere. I'm learning. Thanks, again.
Paul Giggs
RJ: Paul Giggs
CO: Paul Giggs

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 14
It should be noted that the demand met % "resets" every day. I know that fruits go from 130% to around 80-90% at the reset.
Al White
RJ: Reeboy
CO: Mister Blonde

+ / -

Ah, so I haven't done a excel tracking sheet, but fluctuation varies (constantly? consistently?)over a 24-hour cycle?
Billy Vierra
RJ: Saffrian
CO: Billy Vierra

+ / -

Total Posts: 84
Paul I will have to look at that and see if I notice it as well, as of now I have not noticed it.

The fluctuation is done consistently from what I can tell. It depends on a number of variables from what I have shown you:
K = Standard variable that allows for manual tweaking of the item
Total_Building_size = (I assume) Total building size in world
Q_avg = The average quality of item in world
Product_Base_Value = Product's base value
Product_Avg_Price = Product's average price in the world

These variables change by the second so you see the values go up / down
Paul Giggs
RJ: Paul Giggs
CO: Paul Giggs

+ / -

Well, I haven't looked at it in detail. I know demand updates every tick but it isn't in big increments (for fruit it is in the hundreds). So I assume there's an adjustment at the reset.

You need to register or login to post a reply.