Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Newbie Station » Demand Met?

Demand Met?

Deivis Henrique
RJ: Deivis Henrique Alves
CO: Deivis Henrique Alves

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 46
Someone can explain to me how works the "Demand Met" system?
Thx!
John Cook
RJ:
CO: The Monopoly Guy

+ / -

Total Posts: 10
The higher the % of "Demand Met", the harder it is to sell that item.

I read somewhere that total demand depends on total building size, so the more people expand, the more demand will be available for filling.
Deivis Henrique

+ / -

Thx John Cook, and i´m sorry that take to long to answer you!

So if i understood correctly, i have to choose the product that have the lowest % of "Demand Met" to sell more product?
Jayson Drake Tan
RJ: Ben
CO: Ben

+ / -

Total Posts: 74
basically, if you choose the lowest % of demand met, you will be able to sell the products easier in comparison to 100% demand met. for example you are selling x right now but the Demand met is 100%, if you are earning 1M every tick at 100% demand met and then later demand met went waaaay down at about 1% i think you will be able to sell it many times higher, at about 9 times i think or i am not that sure of the estimate but you get the point.
Shin Lin
RJ: Shin
CO: Sheereen

+ / -

Total Posts: 17
From my experience,unless a demand met has reached above 25%, you could still earn a relative high income every tick. However, there are other crucial factors, a lot, to be considered too. Like quality, store size, market power, and pricing.
Deivis Henrique

+ / -

I see Jayson, and thx too Shin!
Jayle Trigger
RJ: Berry Punch
CO: Applejack

+ / -

Total Posts: 93
Competition has a huge effect on income. If you have 1 or 2 companies with huge store space and high quality, they will cap your income hard.

But, it is great when you are the one being top dog in both quality and store space, but supplies sell very very quick... so price appropriately.

For example, my apple company, there are usually 2 big companies selling apples. My income is like 5k-10k, selling my product at roughly 1 dollar each. With them out of the picture, I can bring in something like +50k, selling at triple the price. It is still super effective at wiping out my stock of applies since noone else but smaller companies sell apples right now. (Though... apples are my company focus.)
David Archer
RJ: BallC
CO: BallC

+ / -

Total Posts: 142
Let me use a quick analogy to help explain the demand system in this game.

Think of the selling process as a water hose pushing water (goods) out to the virtual retail consumers.

The diameter of the water hose (i.e. the total demand) is proportional to the size of all the buildings in existence in the game world. So the new player who starts up and builds a farmers market increases the demand for EVERY product by a little bit.

Each product has it's own water hose and you're sharing the water hose with everyone else selling a particular product at retail. Your store size, pricing, quality, and marketing all contribute to the "water pressure" (i.e. your selling power) and help you push more goods through the hose into the hands of consumers.

There is a baseline amount of resistance required to sell a product that is intrinsic to its selling price and some other variables (airplanes take more selling power per unit to sell than say apples). As the hose gets more full, there is add'l resistance that makes it harder for the water to get through the hose. That is what "demand met" is telling you. Basically, if demand met is high, then it takes more selling power to sell a given item.

It used to be that the add'l resistance didn't kick in until Demand Met was 100% but it was lowered a while back so that it starts kicking in around 35%.

I believe the game calculates Demand Met by looking at the number of goods sold over the last 24 hours versus the number of goods demanded at the current world avg selling price and world avg quality. So if the market is undersupplied, the demand met will fall and if oversupplied, it will rise.
Deivis Henrique

+ / -

I understand Jayle Trigger, what I want to know is about that "Demand Met" in "EOS-Pedia" to know which would be the best company to open!
Deivis Henrique

+ / -

I see David Archer, i really think what you said is true, because I think in the same way.

You need to register or login to post a reply.