Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Newbie Station » Demand

Demand

wookie nz
RJ: wookienz
CO: Wookienz

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 23
How is demand for a product work. I see some lines in a store with 100% demand met by a singe person, yet others where i hav 100% MS, there is still 95% demand un met.

Also, how does one increase market share besides lowering prices to absolute minimum?

cheers.
Victoria Raverna
RJ: Victoria Raverna
CO: Victoria Raverna

+ / -

Total Posts: 107
You can increase market share by lowering price, increasing quality and increasing size of your stores relatively to other's.

As for demand, every product has a separate demand and that can grow or shrink is based on the total size of the buildings in the game. It also grow or shrink based on pricing.
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
Demand is a lagging indicator.

The best ways to gain market share are product quality and store size. Price cutting is a poor way to gain share. You will always get hammered by higher quality goods and larger stores, regardless of your price. Eventually, you are making no money and you still only have a 1.16% market share.

I maintain a price that is fair to me, sell everything I can make in a day or so, and sometimes don't have more than 4% market share in the process. Demand Met is a more important number to me than market share. You can over-price a good and still have trouble keeping your shelves full with enough unmet demand.
wookie nz
RJ: wookienz
CO: Wookienz

+ / -

Total Posts: 23
As an example, and my edification, if two players has the same quality and the same price but one had twice the market share, ie 10% vs 5%, would this infer that the player with the higher market share had twice the size store?

Sorry for the long sentence!

Cheers.

You need to register or login to post a reply.