Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » clutter bots?

clutter bots?

martin uzz
RJ: Martinuzz
CO: martinuzz

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 59
I notice that every day, there's a certain company buying very small quantities (less tha 500 pieces) of fruits and vegetables. I wonder why? Is it this player's hobby to clutter up people's player news list, so they need more time to scroll through it?

I've also noticed something similar in the B2B market. There's a few products there where someone puts up lots of instances of 9999 pieces of (the same quality) donuts, for example. As a result, donuts consume an entire B2B page. It would be so much easier on the eye if they were to just put down the whole batch in one go.

If I put some stuff on the B2B market, and notice that I'm already selling the same product, with the same quality, I withdraw that from the market first, and put the combined batch back on sale, to save space on the list.

[EDIT] I did not read the other bot post before posting this, but it seems to address the same subject
Herb Derpman
RJ: Herb Derpman
CO: Herb Derpman

+ / -

Total Posts: 35
Actually my groups of 999 donuts are there to take advantage of a bot, not because I'm using a bot. :-P

There's a guy running a bot that seems to get messed up by commas, so if you have 1,000,000 donuts up, he buys 1. If you have 74,307 he buys 74. If you have 999, he buys 999. :-)

So I put up a bunch of groups of 999 overpriced donuts because he buys them all when his bot does its little sweep.
martin uzz
RJ: Martinuzz
CO: martinuzz

+ / -

Total Posts: 59
lol, that's funny
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
I do see the frequent purchases from the logs but so far I don't see any server issues. Note we're still on the shared server because I didn't have the time to change the code to migrate yet.

But if you continue to see those spams simply report them to me and I'll jail the bot for "bad coding" :-P
D Patrick Michael
RJ: Castun

Post Rating: -1
+ / -

Total Posts: 41
Suddenly the odd purchase quantities make perfect sense now, Herb! Still annoying though.

You need to register or login to post a reply.