Ratjoy.com » Forums » Off-Topic Discussion » Captchas

Captchas

Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 38
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
I just feel like being evil today, so I just wanted to share this (but also because I think they are doing it all wrong).

Did you know?

Re-Captcha's are made of two words, "the one that keeps getting harder" was computer generated with distorted text and opposite-colored circles and such. It's a pain nowadays to go through them, but that can't be helped.

The "easier one" to us was scanned from books in an attempt to digitize them, and the computer does not have the answer to this one, so will assume anything you type is correct as long as you get the other word right. At times this can contain funny pictures and math functions.

On the days I just feel like being evil, I will type the "known word" correctly, and type anything as the "easier" word (normaly I use "bogus"). I just can't help but snicker at the thought of a book digitized by Re-Captcha with the text of something like: The quick brown bogus jumps over the bogus bogus
Mister Death
RJ: McFlono McFloninoo

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 266
I came up with an idea for CaptchaBombing: Get a bunch of people to type in, say, "penguin" every time they are asked for "and".
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
In about a week's time, if you go on Google and search for CaptchaBombing (or Captcha Bombing because I just mentioned it), this post will show up as the first result.

You need to register or login to post a reply.