Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » (CAP) Tungsten Powder Bonanza

(CAP) Tungsten Powder Bonanza

Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 183
What's with tungsten powder producers popping out of the woodwork lately? I'm only selling it because I use it myself and have a bit extra at times, I never expected it to be a big profit industry (it's only used for two things and sold in an industrial store, so the demand isn't that high). Did folks think "Heyy, tungsten powder, that'll make me rich!" or something?

Just curious - whether or not I sell tungsten powder has next to no impact on my profitability. I just thought it was strange to see so much being made. I mean, there is more tungsten powder on the market than apples or oranges - that's gotta be some kind of record.
Eric Ewing
RJ: Peebles
CO: Peebles

+ / -

Total Posts: 16
Hah! Good catch. The likely reason is that you can make it really fast but sell it slowly in retail. Everyone suddenly had three day days of inventory and now wants to make room on shelves for something else.
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
It is kind of a niche item to see in such abundance. I even considered it until I saw how much was on the market. Meanwhile, you can't get affordable glass anywhere.
El Marko
RJ: El Marko
CO: El Marko

+ / -

Total Posts: 18
I manufacture my own Integrated Circuits for use in Motherboards, not really interested in sorting out my own raw materials yet as I don't really have the money to invest in mining/factories for tungsten + silica yet.

So I'm buying tungsten powder off the B2B for that. But because it only needs 0.1 powder for 1 integrated circuit, it lasts aaaages!
Brent Goode

+ / -

I also see lots of vinyl and no polyester. And there is very little fiberglass available.
Aaron Barr
RJ: Aaron
CO: Aaron

+ / -

Total Posts: 81
I'll have a few hundred thousand fiberglass up later today. Can put some polyester up as well, just message Aaron if you have any specific needs.
Brent Goode

+ / -

Yes, thank you. Of course, it costs .99 to make and you are charging 65 for it, so I only bought what I needed for the short run, then bought a facility to make my own. Sorry, I just hate getting scalped.
Brent Goode

+ / -

Straight cos-of-goods is .99 for my factories to make fiberglass. It is .33 for glass. No, it is not taking into account overhead. but even at, say...6.00 for combined overhead, that is still 10X fir wholesale, which is a bit rich.
Perhaps you would like to share your cost spreadsheets with the rest of us? After all, you are still moving at the near-speed of light, while we mere flesh and blood mortals are moving at the speed of gravity. Surely it couldn't hurt you to share a little of your godlike wisdom?
And before anyone says something...that is me asking nicely. ;-)

You need to register or login to post a reply.