Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » Cancelling a Build Order....

Cancelling a Build Order....

J Atkinson
RJ: Tom Cook

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 36
When youve got, say, steel being manufactured and you have 12 hours to go in the order..... and you want to cancel that order..... what happens to all the money and resources that have been taken out for the full 12 hours? Are ALL the supplies returned and ALL the money (pro-rata) returned to the company??
Is there a penalty?

Thanks
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
The only penalty is that you pay the actual price, in monies and resources, for the units you manufactured. In other words, you lose the economies of scale bonuses for making the larger quantity.
J Atkinson
RJ: Tom Cook

+ / -

Total Posts: 36
oh? ok... thank you... that answers my question well....
Eric Ewing
RJ: Peebles
CO: Peebles

+ / -

Total Posts: 16
So if you set a production run of 100 units and cancelled at 99 units, the result would be the same as if you had run 99 separate runs of one unit each? That is, it's not treated as a run of 99 units?

I'll experiment on the EOS server.

Peebles
Mike Finn
RJ: Ben Fuller
CO: Ben Fuller

+ / -

Total Posts: 94
I think what he means is that if you start a production of 100 units and cancel at 50 units, it uses the resources that it would have if you had originally started a production run of 50 units and returns the rests. So you lose the advantage that would have come from running a run of 100 instead of 50.
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
Mike has it correctly. You get the price and resource benefit of a run the size of what you actually manufactured when you cancelled out the larger run.

You need to register or login to post a reply.