Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » BT's companies

BT's companies

Tiny Hogwaffle
RJ: Caligula
CO: Tiny Hogwaffle

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 128
Just took a look lately at Business Tycoon's companies. There are currently so many that I don't want to take the time to count them all.

How could anyone possibly run that many companies? You have way too much free time on your hands, my friend.
Henry King
RJ: Business Tycoon
CO: BusinessTycoon

+ / -

Total Posts: 83
Yes, I agree. It takes a while to manage them all. Fortunately, most of them can run for a week at a time without any attention needed, so I don't have to do much that is daily, but it still takes time to keep up with that many companies.
Andrew Carnegie
RJ: Andrew Carnegie
CO: Andrew Carnegie

+ / -

Total Posts: 94
That IS impressive, Henry King of Business Tycoon.

Couple a questions.

First, how long have you been playing EOS?

Second, what industry was your first business in?

Third, and perhaps one you care not to answer, as it is sort of like Coca Cola's "secret formula," what is the key to the success of your simulated businesses? If you did this in the real world, I'd read about you daily in the global business media. You'd be a true power broker on the global stage.
Henry King

+ / -

A couple of answers:

1. Not sure when I started, but it was probably about six months ago. I just don't remember exactly. My age in game is about 47, and that related to time of starting to play, but I don't know exactly how game age relates to real time outside the game.

2. My first industry was food, but I sold that company (at a profit) to another player after about two months of playing. Selling my first company gave me a lot of cash to build up my second and third companies, which I still have. My second company was a focused mining company, and my third company was a focused smelter company.

3. After sort of trying to do everything in foods with a variety of factory types and modest research in many products, I got a job fairly early in my history in the game managing a large company for Stormhammer (the GEMs company). I learned a lot working for Stormhammer as a manager, and learned about the value of having high research levels. In my second company, I decided to do only one product (sand), and make it as high quality as Stormhammer needed for the GEMs company to make glass. Stormhammer encouraged me to do this, and it worked out well for him and for me both, as I started supplying him with all the sand he needed. With the cash from selling high Q sand, I started my third company as a smelter company and focused on glass production only there. I expanded factories up to large size and did research for a long time, using cash from my first company and second company profits to fund expansions and research, and got up to having 24 factories of 20k size with research of Q100 for glass, just at the time that Fluffy put up an unlimited B2B request at 15 bucks for high Q glass. That was a perfect fit for my business, and gave me a huge amount of income over the next month, which I used to do research on silver and gold to supply those products to the GEM company, and then invested in iron, coal, and steel research to make high Q steel.

Steel production is still a very profitable business for me, as I now have one of the highest Q steel producing companies in the game, and demand for my Q111 steel is high.

In general, the key to my success is focus. For example, in aircrafts, I make only one product in my airline company (passenger jets). I have invested more than 180 billion in research on that one product, so have some very high Q jets, but it is my only product.
Henry King

+ / -

Oh, LOL. I just noticed that below my name on the forums, it says "joined May 31, 2013", so that appears to be when I started the game. Shortly after joining the game, even though I was a tiny player, I messaged Stormhammer and asked if there was anything that I could do as a small player to help a successful giant like him in the game. He replied nicely, and offered to have me manage the Stormhammer Gems company. He gave me a 3% bonus and a decent salary, and I served him well as manager of his company (which was less than 1/10th the value that the company has today at the time I took over the role of manager). In August 2013, he appointed me as manager of the Stormhammer Jackets company (which also was worth much less than it is now). I worked hard to build up his businesses, but I also learned a lot about how to be more successful in the game from Stormhammer teaching me.

You need to register or login to post a reply.