Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » B2B Pricing on for sale products

B2B Pricing on for sale products

Andrew Carnegie
RJ: Andrew Carnegie
CO: Andrew Carnegie

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 94
I've no idea how many active players play EOS. I started on 9/16/13. I would love to buy product other players offer for sale on the B2B marketplace. However (and I've seen this on other online business games), it strikes me players have no idea of how to price their product to attract buyers.

If real-world businesses priced their products like this, we'd be in a world-wide depression, as no business would buy anything sold by any other business.

For example, if a player company makes a product that has a final quality that is only 50% of the average quality being sold, logic dictates if they expect another player to buy that product and sell it and make a profit themselves, they must offer the product at well less than 1/2 the average WASP.

Sure, they'll make less per unit. But at least they'll sell products.
Tiny Hogwaffle
RJ: Caligula
CO: Tiny Hogwaffle

+ / -

Total Posts: 128
It's possible they "have no idea how to price their product," or possibly they've been selling it a while and know what price it will sell at. What is it you want to buy that you think is overpriced?
Andrew Carnegie
RJ: Andrew Carnegie
CO: Andrew Carnegie

+ / -

Total Posts: 94
As the only products I buy to sell at retail, most any retail item (Farmers Market.) But the same holds true for raw materials, such as thread. I know from my own factories, a player could sell finished thread for less than I see listed, and still make a pretty good profit.

If the point of the game is for each player to form his or her own vertically integrated corporation, that's fine. In fact, that's what I'm planning on doing.

But it would be nice to see players offer to sell their products at lower price, one where they'd still make a profit, and which (might) attract more buyers.

Just a suggestion.
Marlow Brewster
RJ: Marlow Brewster
CO: Marlow Brewster

+ / -

Total Posts: 7
In Capol EoS I built acompany to sell bought products ( Cafe, Hardware Store ) only, and found it a job to buy non N P C products. I recently put fruit and vegetables on the market in E O S and mainly N P C have bought it.
Tiny Hogwaffle
RJ: Caligula
CO: Tiny Hogwaffle

+ / -

Total Posts: 128
If you have very small stores, you often have to set your price a lot lower than average in order to move stock at a reasonable rate. This might make it seem like the price being asked for in the B2B is too high; it might be priced for someone who has bigger stores.

If a seller can't get a decent price for things he's selling on the B2B, he might as well build his own store and sell it there. In general, selling in a store is way more profitable than selling things on the B2B. This is partly why prices might seem high on the B2B; if a store owner is making 10 times what he paid on the B2B, it's reasonable when a factory owner raises his price in order to get a fair share of the profits.

Also, whenever someone sells stuff at a low price to help out the new players, that stuff tends to get snatched up real quick, often by exploiters trying to raise the value of their company by buying low priced goods on the B2B.

You need to register or login to post a reply.