Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Newbie Station » Actions Against Big Companies

Actions Against Big Companies

Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Lately I've seen too many complains on how a conglomerate company named "JOI" is running and ruining the game, and requests for me to do something about it, this really hurts my mood more than if you just criticized the game - at least I'd know where to improve in that case.

The goal of the game is to keep it fair for players who join at any stage of the game. I have plans for several newbie-friendly features, and you can help by suggesting more features in the suggestions thread, but complaining about some old player does absolutely nothing besides showing your lack of self-confidence in working with numbers (or people).

Whether you're a reader or a whiner, you have my thanks for reading up to this point, as it shows you have at least some interest in making Economies of Scale a better game.

Here is my reply to the topic:

From a player's perspective, I believe people love to target Garry (jackosbournelookalike) because he owns the most companies, and is extremely active on the chat and the stock market. But the statement "Garry can buy out any public company" is simply false because it is impossible for anyone to takeover your company if you simply kept 50%+ of the shares on hand. Besides, you may not realize that having your company bought can actually be a good thing for your player's growth. Just sell the remaining stocks after the acquisition, and you'll end up with much more $ than you began with.

From a developer point of view. Yes, Garry can be troublesome at times with his spam mails, but one simply cannot underestimate how many bugs Garry has pointed out since he joined the game, and how much he has contributed to the overall store system as we have today.

Lastly, from a utilitarian perspective, Garry is just useful in chat.
I'm sure all of you would rather have me spend all my time coding more functions into the game than chatting with players, I'd prefer that too, and I'd also love to have a friendly atmosphere in the chat when I do participate from time to time. But one thing I realized is the chat audience can be quite different from the forum audience, and at times you do get an immature audience running the show (yes, that probably calls for a change in the RJ logo and overall site design). So I'd rather see Garry giving orders to his CEOs and giving occasionally helpful advice over the chat, rather than some foul-mouthed creatives spewing sh*t everywhere.
Roald Adriaansen
RJ: Wuvil
CO: Wuvil

Post Rating: -1
+ / -

Total Posts: 146
Exactly why I turned off the chat...

And if someone can't figure out that you need to own more than 50% of a company to own it/buy it out... I really don't think they belong in an economics game...

The kind of people you are talking about are sadly ever present in every damn game there is and is why I pretty much always have chat turned off.

I honestly don't see why people would complain about jacko... I have had a great time semi-competing against him even though I'm a much smaller fish since I started later (though I do make higher quality Helicopters at least :P)
Slam Man
RJ: Andrew N. Liveris

+ / -

Total Posts: 1
There's a certain....demographic I can't help but feel you're addressing here. They're making the same concerns over there :)

I'd say take their comments with a brick sized grain of salt. We tend to bandwagon on ideas pretty heavily for no reason whatsoever. It will do wonders for your stress levels to half ignore what goons say.
Kudaros Cornercutter
RJ: Kudaros

+ / -

Total Posts: 17
Markets are still open for pretty much anyone as it is now. Jacko has also helped spread the wealth a bit by making large investments.

You need to register or login to post a reply.