Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » A couple of sundry issues on beta

A couple of sundry issues on beta

Nathan Dilday
RJ: ndkid
CO: ndkid

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 47
1) I can't tell if this is ASDESIGNED or not: the rundown of research times I see within the R&D's modal (#jq-dialog-modal) and the display on the right-hand panel (#progress_res) do not match up. The former is a list of each research item's duration, whereas the latter is a cumulative timer. Overall, I don't find the former very useful... it just makes me have to scroll through a long list that I never interact with. (Since, if I wanted to modify the research queue, I could've done it in the panel.)

2) when I click #store_paste_button, none of the #revenue_projected_xxx values get updated. If I close and reopen the modal, they are correct. Could we go ahead and fire the recalc to happen as part of the store_paste_button handling?
M Burch
RJ: Farmerbob
CO: Farmerbob

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 151

I like this functionality myself. I try to keep 48 hours of research going for each research facility at any one given time. This keeps me from stacking too much useful money into pie-in-the-sky far distant future research that is being paid for with money I need for expansion now.

The individual stepwise numbers on the other page help me determine at a glance roughly how much it's going to cost me to get those 48 hours of research without me actually having to click them out and do the math.

I have not noted the problem you reference. However there always has been a bit of weirdness with updating some of the sales and revenue estimates.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Will do something about it.

I will try to remember what I did here...
Nathan Dilday
RJ: ndkid
CO: ndkid

Post Rating: 53
+ / -

Total Posts: 47
With the newest change, I find the panel less helpful, not more helpful. Most often, what I want to know about R&D when I look at the panel is "do I have enough R&D to keep this facility busy until my next login". Now that the end of any given queue is concealed in that view, I can't get that certitude until I open each R&D up individually.

At the same time, I understand wanting to get all the data on that panel "above the fold". It might be fugly, but what about one where you should
First R&D item time
... and 9 more
Last R&D item time

That way, I'll know both what's about to finish and how long away the end of the list is.
M Burch
RJ: Farmerbob
CO: Farmerbob

+ / -

Total Posts: 151
I like Nathan's First and Last format better than what we have, I think. Getting the information about research time at a glance is really nice.
Paco Co
RJ: Mr. Costa
CO: Mr. Costa

+ / -

Total Posts: 89
Agreed, +1 for last time display
Paul Jikanski
RJ: Paul Jikanski
CO: Paul Jikanski

+ / -

Total Posts: 194
Agreed, first and last idea would work great.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Nathan you're a genius. Updated.

You need to register or login to post a reply.