Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » ...

Zack WenJian
RJ: Zack
CO: Zack

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 114
Josh Millard
RJ: Tex Corman
CO: J. Quaff Arabica

+ / -

Total Posts: 167
It's a little silly, but we're already in a (currently) inherently inflationary economy, and it's a beta and there's a loooot of economic model interactions to try and pin down yet. Having a bunch of extra money in the system means new players will have more flexibility to try things out, and the economy can turn over a bit faster.

Considering how underserved a ton of markets currently are, getting some more folks doing significant manufacturing seems like a good outcome on the short term, basically.

Not that the next day or so won't be pretty silly, granted. But this too will pass.

As far as non-monetary WOO GAME GROWTH CELEBRATION! awards go, though, I have to say that I like the idea of the High Quality Items that the silly Q999 gifts suggests. As much as anything as more non-market items -- it'd be great to maybe reward legacy/milestone players with items like this that don't have a lot of rational economic value, if maybe there was something like a per-player trophy shelf where they could be stored.

I could try and move my Q999 floor lamp on the market, sure, but I could also put it in the front office to show off to the new folks.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
It served 2 purposes:

1. Drive up demand as players expand their buildings (and provide jobs)

2. Gives a little bit of confidence to the players who needed it. For everyone else who didn't - I'm sure they can just buy some ridiculously priced imports and discard them, am I right?

Oh, and adjustment for inflation is definitely another factor.
John Vrabel
RJ: Butch Deadlift
CO: Conrad Meinhofer IV

+ / -

Total Posts: 1
Aren't there several players with a higher net worth than the entire 'stimulus package' combined? It seems unlikely this will be the straw that broke the camel's back.

You need to register or login to post a reply.