Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » .

David Archer
RJ: BallC
CO: BallC

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 142
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

Post Rating: 13
+ / -

Total Posts: 506
I completely fail to understand your question. Could you explain it a bit more fully? What do you mean by "cutover?" What critical good? Is this a tactical maneuver to hurt an opponent? Why do you see him/her as an opponent? If so, is that the strongest, best choice for your own capital expenditure?

Of course my instinct, without even understanding the question, is that if you are preemptively asking if it is shady, it probably is.
Andrew Naples
RJ: Clemen Salad
CO: Clemen

+ / -

Total Posts: 214
I go shopping at Walmart all the time late at night so I think its ok.
Bruce Wayne
RJ: Bruce Wayne
CO: Bruce Wayne

+ / -

Total Posts: 37
So your idea is basically to put the item up on B2B at 11:45PM and eliminate that player's time to "mitigate" tax via spending money?

That does sound like a jerk tactic as I thought the game was supposed to be friendly in nature? Although the market in real life is beyond ruthless and family members will stab each other in the back over business. I've seen it firsthand.

What's the product you need? Send me a message and I'll start producing it. Although building time might be an issue depends on how much you want.
Brent Goode

+ / -

OK. I that is what I thought you meant. I have never seen "crossover" as the term for that. Usually I see the terms "reset" or "recap." I prefer the latter, as there is little resetting done, but lots of recapping done during that 10 minutes other sites take do do their housekeeping.

AS far as your tactic, it is beginning to feel like something you are putting too much thought into. You are still intending to pay way too much for your needed product, and assuaging your injury over that by knowing you have made him pay taxes seems like very little emotional return given that he will, as you pointed out, make a mint anyway. What are tax rates here, 1% or so?

By the way, when Scott gets the crazy idea to start charging delivery fees to get resources to factories, and goods to market, because he can't afford to fix roads and other infrastructure due to the lack of taxes paid by the people that put the most strain on it, ie..corporations, don't complain. :D
Dana Sands
RJ: Fred Fredrickson
CO: Fred Fredrickson

+ / -

Total Posts: 26
Basically what he wants is to give the other company the revenue as late as possible so that they have to get taxed on it this "fiscal year" (one server day). The thing is, for all you know, the company already has a bunch of expenses for this fiscal year that will offset the revenue or maybe they have a bunch of store expansions that will complete just before or after the cutoff and they'll have a ton of revenue in the next tax year so getting your B2B revenue now and new store revenue in the next period is just what they want. It probably doesn't matter to them one way or the other.

It also depends a bit on how progressive the taxes are (I think those rates should be published within the game somewhere if they aren't already). If they're linear (IE 35% of net revenue) or if the other company has already hit the highest tax bracket, it won't really matter. Even if the other company used the cash to expand, it ultimately will result in more revenue so it's a question of get taxed now or get taxed later.

As far as the price goes, if the price is too high, they wouldn't be able to sell it. If you think it's too high, vote with your wallet and don't buy it. Free market capitalism...

You could send him a message asking for a lower price if he sells it to you right now.

If it were really important, he could just take the listing down right now and re-post it tomorrow so I don't think it matters.
Brent Goode

+ / -

In the game milieu, one week is a year. Taxes are not tied to a annual calendar here. And the rate is published somewhere, which is why I tossed out the 1% figure. It is in that low, single-digit range, but I don't remember off the top of my head. Someone will come along and tells us though.

I totally agree with your final analysis, however. If you don't like the price, don't buy! Of course, I usually go off right about here on the statement "free market....(anything)" But I just don't have the energy right now. ;-D
Dana Sands
RJ: Pete Peterson
CO:

+ / -

Total Posts: 4
Assuming that the tax rate is 1% or 2% x the company level then it's basically a flat tax and the timing doesn't matter. The only way it would is if the selling company levels up overnight and therefore has a higher tax rate tomorrow instead of today in which case, it's better to get the revenue now. Since the tax rate won't likely change between now and tomorrow, it doesn't matter when it gets taxed.
Brent Goode

+ / -

I think David is right, I did some calculations, and when I pay taxes, it is in the 18% range. The actual formula is probably on the formula thread, of course. *doh*

You need to register or login to post a reply.