Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » The Product Suggestion Thread!

The Product Suggestion Thread!

Previous [1] 2 3 Next
Bob Clark
RJ: Charles Derp

Post Rating: 7
+ / -

Total Posts: 5
I note that there's no actual thread for product suggestions, just a jumble of BS single-post threads all over the place. Let's make things a little centralized. Post your product suggestions here!

I think everyone knows that I demand tequila, which is produced from blue agave. Since there's no yeast, the production is simply Plantation > Blue agave and then using that and water for tequila at a distillery or beverage factory. Hell, you could add regular agave and make mezcal, too.

I also want a proper liquor revamp, with whiskey made from corn or wheat or barley or all of the above, vodka made from both grain and potato (potato being more valuable), gin made from grain and juniper berries, and I think liqueurs can wait.

MY WIFE wants burgers to require buns. Currently, they're basically burger lettuce wraps. No carbs!

There's a galaxy of products that could be introduced. Smartphones! Weapons! S*x toys! FFS, batteries!

Post your product suggestions, chain suggestions, and such right in here.
Chad the Launderer
RJ: Synreal
CO: Synreal

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 148
Hot Sauce. Peppers (farm) -> Pepper Mash (food processing) + Salt + Vinegar (winery) = hot sauce!
Walter Yorkshire
RJ: Walter Yorkshire
CO: Walter Yorkshire

+ / -

Total Posts: 132
Uranium
Type:
Mineral
Produced: Mine
Uses: Fuel Nuclear power plants, export
"The main use of uranium in the civilian sector is to fuel nuclear power plants. One kilogram of uranium-235 can theoretically produce about 80 terajoules of energy (8×1013 joules), assuming complete fission; as much energy as 3000 metric tons of coal.[6]"
Also has many military uses (if you ever decide to go into that)
zxektok megatron
RJ: zxektok

+ / -

Total Posts: 140
+1 i like the thread
Serge Devereux
RJ: Ted Crisp
CO: Ted Crisp

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 15
Pharmaceutical Drugs, Medical Supplies and Equipment
Blast Hardcheese
RJ: Blast Hardcheese

+ / -

Total Posts: 24
I'd like to suggest Vodka. It'd give potatoes more use! Plus who doesn't like vodka!
Roald Adriaansen
RJ: Wuvil
CO: Wuvil

+ / -

Total Posts: 146
Military products (I already wrote that a while ago, everything from uniforms to weapons, carriers, fighters etc)
Nuclear (already covered)
Science (satellites, spacecrafts, etc)
Medical stuff
Fries...!!!!
More livestock like horses, sheep, rabbits, and such for meat and other stuff
Cables/wires
Canned beans
Pears
Calculators, cellphones, more computer parts (hdd, sdd, ram, gpu, psu, mouse, keyboard, etc)
Pencil, pen
Sports car
FISH!
Lithium
Batteries
Opal, Rubies, etc (used in more types of jewelry)
Platinum (used in small amounts in computer parts and cars)

THORIUM reactors!
Craig Fitzgerald
RJ: Alrik Von Fitz
CO: Alrik Von Fitz

+ / -

Total Posts: 3
Definitely more potato products. French (freedom) fries, tater tots, hash browns.

If a slightly more complex chain were desired, I used to work at a potato processing facility and most products contain "extras"

French fries = Potato + dextrose + salt (optional) + oil + disodium pyrophosphate
Tater tots (and hash browns) = Potato + potato flakes + salt (optional) + pepper (optional) + oil + dextrose + disodium pyrophosphate
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Thanks for keeping everything organized in this one thread.

This way I'll know what to make for the next major "product choice" patch.

Also it's fun in the sense that you can tell who's making what just by looking at what they're suggesting.
Josh Millard
RJ: Tex Corman
CO: J. Quaff Arabica

Post Rating: 39
+ / -

Total Posts: 167
Booze! So many opportunities to expand the line of boozes. Cleaning up and restating this from a separate thread a few days ago:

1. New boozes:

- Whiskey from barley;
- Scotch as an expensive/time-consuming premium variant on whiskey;
- Bourbon from corn;
- Vodka from potatoes;
- Gin from juniper berry (requires addition of juniper as a [fruit?] plantation crop)
- Sake from rice;
- Kahlua from coffee beans;
- Port as modified grapes + sugar variant on wine;
- Jagermeister for laugh value (or maybe some more generic Herbal Spirit) from licorice + juniper + potatoes.
- Tequila from agave (would have to add agave as a plant)

2. Factory additions:

- Distillery as new factory type. Processes all hard liquor and maybe some ancillary products (beer, wine). Maybe barley -> malt is an initial step in booze processing for some of the whiskeys, etc.
- Vineyard gains port, maybe add a bev or two to a couple other existing factories as well as makes sense. Maybe add "Alcohol" as new pure medium-stage product that can be refined from a variety of crops and used as the basis for several boozes.

3. Store additions:

- Pub (or tavern) as new store type. Serves wide array of alcohol, as well as a selection of prepared (and probably greasy) food. Meat products, etc. Booze and dinner place.

Further thoughts:

- Derived drinks for some of the boozes. We get pina coladas from rum; why not margaritas from tequila, martinis from gin (or vodka if you're a heathen), whiskey and coke, white russian from vodka + kahlua + milk/cream, etc. Set up a small fleet of these as higher-end derivatives of the straight boozes, sell at Pub as well. Could have bottled liquor be an exportable good, mixed drinks not (so store or B2B only).

- Further justify addition of agave and juniper by giving them non-booze uses. Juniper can be used as an essential oil; introduce it into cosmetic/toiletry type stuff when that makes sense (perfume, soap) for fancier product. Agave can be an alternate to sugar cane for sugar, maybe an alternate source for paper/textile stuff as well.
David Rickmann
RJ: Dave!
CO: Dave!

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 10
On booze, an interesting twist would be to let you lay down whiskies or wines to age them.
There is already a week to year time ratio going on.

So, after 1 week you get a 1 year old whisky, which sells for considerably more.
By the time you get to 20 or 50 year old whiskies you will have a very complex, but very rewarding logistics problem to solve.

(also cheese)
Mister Death
RJ: McFlono McFloninoo

+ / -

Total Posts: 266
More cereals:

Puffed wheat <- wheat + cocoa powder + sugar
Crispy rice <- rice
Muesli <- oatmeal + raisin + honey
shredded wheat <- wheat

And on the less healthy side, new snacks:
Pork rinds <- pork skin + salt + cooking oil
Cheese puffs <- corn + cheese + salt + cooking oil

Side note: I know, I know, it uses rolled oats not oatmeal! Hmmm...
Blast Hardcheese

+ / -

So, you can produce honey. Why not other bee stuff? Like honeycomb, or beeswax!
Space Butler
RJ: Space Butler
CO: Space Butler

+ / -

Total Posts: 19
Vegetable oil is used in the production of soap, candles, shampoo, and skin care products.
eric scott
RJ: Erik Scott
CO: Sappo

+ / -

Total Posts: 130
Aye to military hardware.

Guns themselves could incorporate 3-4 more chains of product.

From metal stamped recievers and bullet casings, up to ceramic and plastic molded grips and assemblies.

Of course all available for export to the eastern countries
Blast Hardcheese

+ / -

So I was thinking about this. We can produce chickens, pigs and cows. Why not lobster, fish, clam, ect? I mean the factory page HAS a waterline!
Previous [1] 2 3 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.