Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Supply and denand, even more contraptions

Supply and denand, even more contraptions

Lorenzo Boccaccia
RJ: Mon Opoli
CO: Mon Opoli

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 80
What about a primary and secondary market?

I mean, people usually buy less car if Food prices are high and they can barely feed themselves.

It may be interesting to see a feedback between secodary and primary goods demand.

The sistem should have primary goods, which drive the spending power of citizen; neutral goods that are luxury but aren't really unaffordable (like coca cola or jackets); secondary goods that are affected by spending power, luxury goods for the masses (like jewlery) that are impacted the most and luxury goods for the wealthy that are just slightly impacted (planes)
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Sounds reasonable. It's something I'd think about adding later on.
Nwabudike Morgan
RJ: CEO Nwabudike Morgan
CO: CEO Nwabudike Morgan

+ / -

Total Posts: 108
I agree that including price elasticity of demand would be a good improvement.
Jack Park
RJ: Jack Park
CO: Cicero

+ / -

Total Posts: 19
I agree that including price elasticity of demand would be a good improvement.

Thats not all he is talking about though, he means how somehting higher on your buying priorities list will effect things lower on the list. For example:
1)Food and Water (gotta stay alive to enjoy anything)
2)Soda (tastes better than water)
3)Electricity (need to light the house)
4)Cell Phone (Need to call people ya know)
5)Computer (need it to keep life interesting)
6)Car (need to go places)
7)Video Game (needed to keep computer interesting)

Food and water will effect my spending on everything, while some thingws will only effect goods that require me to consume that good as prequisite. The computer wouldn't be enjoyable without electricity, the video game wouldn't be enjoyable without the computer. So if the price of electicity goes up, the demand for goods that rely on it should go down. Price of food is high, demand for everything else goes down.
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
And external factors can affect your priorities ( as already proposed ):

Good weather = high temperature, Econosia citizens are thirsty, they buy more fresh beverages, and buy more light clothes.... They are maybe also more eager to go in vacation, so they need more planes/boats etc.

Bad weather = low temperature, Econosia citizens buy more hot beverages, and more hot clothes... They prefer stay at home playing video games or computer, and they go less in vacation etc.
Nwabudike Morgan

+ / -

Interactions between different types of products will be much more complex and cumbersome to deal with and present to the players, so those sorts of things will probably take a long time if they are ever implemented. Price elasticity would be a good first step.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Price elasticity <-- sadly, it's been here for weeks. Nobody noticed it?

(Refer to the "IS THIS A BUG?" thread in the same board)
Nwabudike Morgan

+ / -

Your implementation of price elasticity is pretty poor if people can't sell new things at reasonable prices because of some scalper a few days ago.

You need to register or login to post a reply.