Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Suggestion: Freshness value and rotten goods

Suggestion: Freshness value and rotten goods

Karl Katzke
RJ: SpecialK

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 3
Some things need to be sold within a certain amount of time. You don't want the eggs that someone made last month to be sold as "Quality 50" eggs, do you?

Freshness should drag down the quality within a certain amount of time. This would balance someone from producing a huge amount of a very easily rotten product (i.e. raw meat) and then keeping it on the shelf for weeks ... and weeks ... and weeks ... until it's a rotten green mess of botulism.

Different products would obviously have different values.
D Patrick Michael
RJ: Castun

+ / -

Total Posts: 41
I think some kind of quality decay could be a good way to implement this for perishables, although even if something decays down to Q0 from Q50, you'd still be able to sell it, at least with the current system.
Svaha Woodhouse
RJ: Svaha
CO:

+ / -

Total Posts: 27
I don't think food rotten system has any meaning.
Almost every games' time flowing speeds are a lot faster than it is in reality.
If you put rotten system in the game, you may have to sell the eggs within 0.001ms.
0.001ms is a bit exaggerated for stressing on the time flowing speeds' difference, but even you extend it to 2 hours it's still impossible.
In reality, people need sleeping、working、eatting or the like and can't put eggs in the store every little period all day long.
Don't tell me extend the rotten period to one day or three days and things will go correct.
In this game, a newbie like me could sell 1k eggs within 15 minutes(a tick) in my small store.
in real life,a big shopping mall may only sell so quick if they sell 0.01 dollar an egg.
I think those players of this game who has much bigger stores can tell a more powerful example to you to proof how huge the time has been zipped inside the game.
It is no reality already when you want to add food rotten system in this game(if not every).

When designing a game, yes reality is important.
But the outgame reality is important as well as ingame reality.
The outgame reality is people play this game for fun not for being tortured.
Challenges may be treat as funny things, but not glitchs ingame setting.
This game will always be a game, you shouldn't snip off something and say "Hey, this is no reality, we should change it.".
Only God can know the best way to create the world.
If you want to make the game better, you should think thoroughly before making suggestion,at least using discussion instead.

Tell you what I saw in past several gaming years.
Those want to be with innovation has only two results:
1.Too care of reality、incomes or some glitch settings so are not popular or only be popular in those "DO M"(japanese-english).
2.Balance reality simulation、 the convience and the feelings of the players well, and have solid fans continuing playing the games and having no thoughts of leaving.

This game starts like 2,but I don't know if the boss of this game will make it into 1 for not thinking things cleverly.
What if people flooding in saying food should rotten, or the ratjoy is in a shortage of capital, or for any other odd reason.
Well, this game is just started, uncerten factors are too much.
But I hope the creator of this game could try to treat the players' opinions carefully.
For NOT the more people suggest something, the better those things are.
Now I like this game more than my meals, hope this won't change even after ratjoy has real incomes.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Now I like this game more than my meals, hope this won't change even after ratjoy has real incomes.

Now I'm in a love-hate relationship with the game, it's 2:32 AM and I'm still awake.

You need to register or login to post a reply.