Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Should goods produced go into the warehouse immediately?

Should goods produced go into the warehouse immediately?

David MacIver
RJ: DRMacIver
CO: David R. MacIver

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 47
At the moment when I want to produce a large amount of a good in a factory it only appears in my warehouse in a lump sum at the end. This means that if I can sell it in my stores as fast as I produce it I end up with long periods where I'm out of goods, which then causes my selling options to reset and when the order is finished I need to set everything up again from scratch. This isn't a big deal, but it is a little irritating.

It would seem to make more sense to have the goods appear in the warehouse as soon as they're produced rather than on completion / cancel of the order. Is there a good reason not to that I'm missing?
Zack WenJian
RJ: Zack
CO: Zack

+ / -

Total Posts: 114
not a good idea.
people with large capital can just keep it running for a very long time and everything will be auto, they wont even need to manage anything.

i guess its part of supply chain to have you plan the timing to complete production and push it to sales.
David MacIver
RJ: DRMacIver
CO: David R. MacIver

+ / -

Total Posts: 47
I'm not sure "remembering to click a button" counts as an interesting level of management. Having a factory tied up constantly producing one of your standard goods doesn't exactly sound like a bad thing from a game play perspective to me.
Mister Death
RJ: McFlono McFloninoo

+ / -

Total Posts: 266
I suspect this will become less of an issue when queueing comes onstream (which Scott is promising Real Soon Now). Then you can just fill up your queue with a bunch of 1-hour jobs and get basically the functionality you want.
Sam Pokeylope
RJ: Mr. Pokeylope
CO: Mr. Pokeylope

+ / -

Total Posts: 6
Except now that we have economies of scale, running ten one-hour jobs is not as efficient as running one ten-hour job.
Josh Millard
RJ: Tex Corman
CO: J. Quaff Arabica

+ / -

Total Posts: 167
True, though with the current settings on the scale (which, granted, may not last) you get most of the scale benefit early. So if each of ten one-hour runs is somewhere in the 10K range, you won't see much of a hit compared to a single 10 hour run of 100K.

More to the point, I would be thrilled to exchange a little efficiency for being able to plan into the future. The mental opportunity cost of having to micro this stuff cannot be understated.
Alexia Perdhaer
RJ: Alexia Perdhaer

+ / -

Total Posts: 100
If you did this it would give so much edge to the math/spreadsheet folk that it would completely cease to have any appeal for the people who play by "feel" or by reaction.

You need to register or login to post a reply.