Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Replace production gear icon with countdown clock?

Replace production gear icon with countdown clock?

Josh Millard
RJ: Tex Corman
CO: J. Quaff Arabica

Post Rating: 5
+ / -

Total Posts: 167
This is a small thing but also a big thing in terms of basic UI impact.

While the little animated filling-up-as-progress-meter gear icon is adorable, it's also really lousy for getting the information I most want at a first glance at a factory or R&D page: how long until this needs my attention?

If instead of the gear we had a countdown clock to the end of the current production run, that would be huge. Just a straight days:hours:minutes:seconds timer would be fab, though it could be sexed up a little bit further for even better at-a-glance knowledge by color-coding it for time remaining, e.g. green for everything more than an hour, yellow for an hour to ten minutes, red for less than ten minutes.

This is the first bit of info I want when I look at one of those pages, every time. Having to mouse over (not hard, but tedious by the thousandth time) or remember (ha! as if) is a bit of friction that I'd love to get away from.

If folks feel strongly about having at-a-glance percent-done as well, you could keep the gear as well. (In which case -- the gear is very hard to read in the 0-20% and 80-100% ranges, because it's white on white for those bits. Maybe a different fill graphic?)
Josh Millard
RJ: Tex Corman
CO: J. Quaff Arabica

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 167
And a related thought: what if there was a Store B2B icon over each Store facility that would one-click you straight to the appropriate filtered B2B inventory list?

If I'm checking in on my store, there's a pretty good chance that's one of the things I'm going to want to check, and being able to get there quicker from the store page would be great. As it is, there's essentially nothing to interact with on the main Stores page anyway, it's just a click-through-to-store directory.

You need to register or login to post a reply.