Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 Next
chris young
RJ: CEO 123
CO: Chris Young

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 19
I don't know.

I imagine companies with higher fame grant you more per day. I don't know if working for one satisfies that criteria.

It does seem like you get ten influence per day for each level of fame your player has.
chris young
RJ: CEO 123
CO: Chris Young

+ / -

I looked around a bit, and you gain fame from companies you own plus companies you have stock in, proportional to the amount of stock you own in that corporation.

I don't know the exact formulas though. But I just imagine that a more famous company means more fame accumulated per day for the player. So if you think in terms of that it should benefit you to try for fame.
Fritz Wolfgang
RJ: Fritz Wolfgang
CO: Ves

+ / -

Total Posts: 1
I can't sell my company because apparently some of it's transactions on b2b are under investigation. 5,000,000 units of water is the one, unit price 0.9$, total 4.5M. I would understand investigation if I bought all water available on the market, but this is kind of outrageous - it's been a week and it's still in red.

How to 'uninvestigate' the transaction?
Maxic Chars
RJ:
CO: Maxic Chars

+ / -

Where can find reports on the various things I have been selling? e.g. How much profit I made on tomatoes yesterday or how much profit I made on bananas during the past week.
Maxic Chars
RJ:

+ / -

Another question: Can I see anywhere how much income I have had so far today? Or do I have to go through every 15 minute interval and add them up myself?
M Burch
RJ: Farmerbob
CO: Farmerbob

+ / -

Total Posts: 151
If you open a store from the buildings page, then click on the icon of an item that you are selling which is on one of the shelves, you can see a 24 hour record and a last 15 minutes record of sales. I didn't even know the 24 hour record was there. Not sure if that is a "24 hours from now", or a "24 hours starting at midnight" though. If you check right after midnight, at the first 15 minutes (0015), it should be obvious how the calculation is performed.
Maxic Chars
RJ:

+ / -

Thanks for the tip. I can confirm that it is the past 24 hours and NOT just since midnight
Deivis Henrique
RJ: Deivis Henrique Alves
CO: Deivis Henrique Alves

+ / -

Total Posts: 46
A question, can i make a "public company" to a "private company"?
Andrew Carnegie
RJ: Andrew Carnegie
CO: Andrew Carnegie

+ / -

Total Posts: 94
Yes. Click on the City Icon (top row, temple next to envelope). Click on SEC (3rd icon from left). Click on "Buy back shares with cash from shareholders."

It's called a "Buyback," and you use your company cash to buy as many shares as you want. if your company has sufficient cash, you can buy back all the shares held by other players.

You'll probably have to offer a premium to current market prices, though.
Deivis Henrique
RJ: Deivis Henrique Alves
CO: Deivis Henrique Alves

+ / -

Total Posts: 46
but i canĀ“t buy shares from other company and make that company private?
Andrew Carnegie
RJ: Andrew Carnegie
CO: Andrew Carnegie

+ / -

Total Posts: 94
If the shares you want to buy are owned by a specific player, you might want to send him or her an in-game message, and ask for how much you can buy back those shares.
Henry King
RJ: Business Tycoon
CO: BusinessTycoon

+ / -

Total Posts: 83
If you own 100% (or maybe 99%+) of a public company, you can then make the company "go private" on the SEC screen of the HQ page.
Karl Demeulemeester
RJ:
CO: Brainiac

+ / -

Total Posts: 10
Should I spend money on marketing?
As a new player, there is Always a zillion other places you can spend money on. For now, marketing has very low priority. The effects are temporary, and unclear. Would you in general recommend to expand the shops, or boost the sales through marketing, as a new player?
David Archer
RJ: BallC
CO: BallC

+ / -

Total Posts: 142
@Brainiac: Marketing is useful at least to a certain extent. There's a formula someone figured out floating around the forums somewhere based for "optimal marketing" based off the profit you're getting from your stores.

I'd say make sure you've got your stores built up to at least 500m^2 before worrying about marketing. It is also advisable to use your influence to instabuild a single store to a large size rather than spreading it around as you get more "bang for the buck" with marketing with a larger store since it increases the "selling power" of that particular store.
Henry King
RJ: Business Tycoon
CO: BusinessTycoon

+ / -

Total Posts: 83
Marketing can have a large effect on store sales, but it is probably not useful with stores that are smaller than about 5000 sq m in size.
Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.