Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » pause account feature

pause account feature

Marshall Delstrego
RJ: Marshall Delstrego
CO: Marshall Delstrego

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 50
this is probably too much effort, but...

add a Pause Account feature.

None of my factories have enough ready cash to pay wages and maintenance for more than 3-4 days. If I'm not around (on vacation, busy trying out the other EoS site whenever that comes out, etc), my account will essentially die.

I could sell off everything, and then start from scratch when I come back, but that seems excessive.

if the account is paused, all the companies that are attached to it temporarily cease to exist - time does not pass for them, nothing functions, etc.

the locking should probably include a minimum time of at least 24 hours (or 48, or 72) to prevent people from abusing the system or just hosing the server's performance by continuously pausing and unpausing.

off the top of my head, this will probably either involve recoding all the queries to include "where ... and ActiveAccount = 1" (a lot of work), or the addition of an extra copy of all the databases for the paused accounts where you clone their stuff and then delete it off the main one (still a lot of work, but much less than the other one).

You need to register or login to post a reply.